Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elemental Status Report

A post on the Elemental Website has a status report on Elemental: War of Magic, as Stardock attempts to recover from the rocky launch of the fantasy-themed strategy game. The update explains why they are not issuing a tutorial just yet, in spite of the dire need for one, saying: "it’s obvious that a tutorial made now has a 100% chance of being obsolete once the major patches roll out. So opposed to putting in yet another feature that will need reworked, we’re putting that effort into feature implementation and bug fixes...so no tutorial yet. But it’s coming." There's also talk of improving the camera view to make for a more visually appealing game, and a bit on multiplayer play. The update concludes with word on future improvements: "We’ve been served a healthy slice of humble pie with Elemental’s release, but now we’re lucky enough to have a chance to redeem our ‘baby’ (I’m glad actually babies don’t get a metacritic score). If you’re reading this, then you’re keeping tabs on Elemental as we continue to improve it post-release, and for your support and continued feedback we’re immensely grateful. Hopefully all the great ideas we’ve received will be digested, organized, implemented, and accumulate into several groundbreaking updates that reach the potential mentioned throughout the reviews."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 23, 2010, 10:05 Verno

gilly775 wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 08:34:
Hey at least they are providing updates and keeping people informed. How many other game companies can you list that do the same thing? I'm a die hard Silent Hunter fan and we rarely ever hear of any updates from the dev.

Yes, people should be grateful for getting updates on whether or not the piece of shit they bought is getting fixed or not. Because other companies are worse, that justifies the whole thing!

The gaming industry is so backwards in general but even the consumers these days don't seem to understand how the buying process is supposed to work.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 23, 2010, 08:34 gilly775

Hey at least they are providing updates and keeping people informed. How many other game companies can you list that do the same thing? I'm a die hard Silent Hunter fan and we rarely ever hear of any updates from the dev.  

18. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 23, 2010, 01:47 D_K_night

Same, moved on from this Elemental garbage of a game and playing games that actually work.

it's far too late, just trash the game guys, move on.

17. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 22:07 Nate

Don't care anymore. Playing Civ 5 badly on Prince level and having the game pick a random Civ for me. Large map.

I'll be pleasantly surprised, if in the future, my pre-order of Elemental ends up enjoyable enough to be worth the money.

16. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 20:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still looking forward to buying/playing this game in like a year or so, when it's fully patched and on sale for about 5 bucks.

Patience is a virtue!

15. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 18:55 Verno

this guy wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 18:22:
I'd be greatly appreciative if you could link me the post where people could get a no questions asked refund.

I am definitely getting the run around and if I could at least link something like that into my claim perhaps I'd have better luck.

I'll look for it but it was one of Brad's Frogboy posts after the game launched. I'm paraphrasing here but he said something along the lines of "and if you don't like it, contact support@stardock.com and request a refund, tell them Brad sent you and you'll get no one questions asked".

You could also just quote them Stardocks own refund policy which is on their website.

14. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 18:22 this guy

I'd be greatly appreciative if you could link me the post where people could get a no questions asked refund.

I am definitely getting the run around and if I could at least link something like that into my claim perhaps I'd have better luck.

13. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 18:17 Dirwulf

this guy wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:51:
Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 14:44:
Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:56:
If he was really sorry he'd offer people their money back. All the rest is just PR jive.

To be fair, their refund policy is still in effect. You can get a refund for any Stardock game.

Actually, you can't.
I made the mistake of buying Elemental at launch and have been trying to get a refund ever since. Since the game is not unplayable (defined, it seems, by the fact that it will run) they won't honor a refund.

They've been offering partial refunds if you just don't like the game from what I understand.

12. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 18:10 Verno

this guy wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 17:51:
Actually, you can't.
I made the mistake of buying Elemental at launch and have been trying to get a refund ever since. Since the game is not unplayable (defined, it seems, by the fact that it will run) they won't honor a refund.

I got a refund for Elemental and Demigod so I have trouble seeing this. Either you just got a shitty tech support rep or something doesn't make sense here. Stardock even said that people can get a no questions asked refund with regards to Elemental specifically. Their refund policy is 90 days within purchase or 60 days for Paypal purchases.

So you should contact them again if you truly got turned down for a refund.

11. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 17:51 this guy

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 14:44:
If he was really sorry he'd offer people their money back. All the rest is just PR jive.

To be fair, their refund policy is still in effect. You can get a refund for any Stardock game.

Actually, you can't.

10. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 15:58 Bucky

Grounded wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:08:
Good to hear, I have CIV 5 now so I dont care

Sadly, that's essentially my position as well. I had originally planned to pick up Elemental, then grab Civ V later on during a sale. With all the bad reviews and press Elemental got, I skipped it and picked up Civ V DDE from D2D (meaning I'll get the first DLC free).

9. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 15:01 Sacrifice

I am still interested in giving the game a try. I didn't play in the beta and I only know the basic gameplay. Never-the-less, it looks unique and hopefully it will be worthy of some play once they patch it up. I will likely wait for the tutorial, I prefer the hands-on approach rather than just reading through a manual.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

8. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 14:44 Verno

7. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 14:41 Kxmode

Idea Why didn't you implement this stuff before launch?  

6. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 13:56 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 13:44 Flatline

Dev wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:08:
So what if a tutorial needs to be reworked. Then rework it.

Or make a PDF one that you can rewrite if reprogramming one is too much work.

Or maybe a youtube video tutorial, take you 10 mins to film.

The idea that you don't need to learn how to play the game until they're done smacks of some hubris.

Seriously, unless the patch is coming out in a couple days, just put out a goddamn tutorial for the poor sods who bought it.

4. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 13:40 Creston

I can imagine that there are far more important issues to be worked on than the fact that there's no tutorial...

Creston

3. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 13:08 Dev

So what if a tutorial needs to be reworked. Then rework it.

Or make a PDF one that you can rewrite if reprogramming one is too much work.

Or maybe a youtube video tutorial, take you 10 mins to film.

2. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 13:08 Grounded

Good to hear, I have CIV 5 now so I dont care  

1. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 12:30 Wowbagger_TIP

Good to hear. I hope to be installing my copy someday soon.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo