Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elemental Status Report

A post on the Elemental Website has a status report on Elemental: War of Magic, as Stardock attempts to recover from the rocky launch of the fantasy-themed strategy game. The update explains why they are not issuing a tutorial just yet, in spite of the dire need for one, saying: "it’s obvious that a tutorial made now has a 100% chance of being obsolete once the major patches roll out. So opposed to putting in yet another feature that will need reworked, we’re putting that effort into feature implementation and bug fixes...so no tutorial yet. But it’s coming." There's also talk of improving the camera view to make for a more visually appealing game, and a bit on multiplayer play. The update concludes with word on future improvements: "We’ve been served a healthy slice of humble pie with Elemental’s release, but now we’re lucky enough to have a chance to redeem our ‘baby’ (I’m glad actually babies don’t get a metacritic score). If you’re reading this, then you’re keeping tabs on Elemental as we continue to improve it post-release, and for your support and continued feedback we’re immensely grateful. Hopefully all the great ideas we’ve received will be digested, organized, implemented, and accumulate into several groundbreaking updates that reach the potential mentioned throughout the reviews."

View
10. Re: Elemental Status Report Sep 22, 2010, 15:58 Bucky

Grounded wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:08:
Good to hear, I have CIV 5 now so I dont care

Sadly, that's essentially my position as well. I had originally planned to pick up Elemental, then grab Civ V later on during a sale. With all the bad reviews and press Elemental got, I skipped it and picked up Civ V DDE from D2D (meaning I'll get the first DLC free).

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 22, 12:30 Re: Elemental Status Report Wowbagger_TIP
  2. Sep 22, 13:08  Re: Elemental Status Report Grounded
>> 10. Sep 22, 15:58   Re: Elemental Status Report Bucky
  19. Sep 23, 08:34  Re: Elemental Status Report gilly775
  20. Sep 23, 10:05   Re: Elemental Status Report Verno
  3. Sep 22, 13:08 Re: Elemental Status Report Dev
  5. Sep 22, 13:44  Re: Elemental Status Report Flatline
  6. Sep 22, 13:56   Re: Elemental Status Report Cutter
  8. Sep 22, 14:44    Re: Elemental Status Report Verno
  11. Sep 22, 17:51     Re: Elemental Status Report this guy