Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Formula 1 2010 Interview

The F1 2010 Interview Part 1 on IncGamers talks with Codemasters' Steve Hood and Paul Jeal, Chief Games Designer and Senior Producer on Formula 1 2010, the just-released racing simulator. They discuss the length of their involvement in the project, keeping up with F1 rule changes, what it takes to get such a game "right," properly scaling down the length of races, balancing simulation with accessibility, and more.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 23, 2010, 15:28 SpectralMeat

I've played about an hour or so last night and I love the game so far. Controls feel right, and the graphics looks awesome. The menu screen is rather crappy with confusing menu system but the game itself is a lot of fun imo. I can't wait to play it some more tonight when I get home from work. The key seems to be to learn the tracks, which usually is the trick with racing games. Ones you know the choke points and where you can pass or be more aggressive and where to hang back then you will be winning the races with ease. You can not bully your way to the first place in this game, being overly aggressive will definitely result penalties, which is how it supposed to be in a racing game the begin with.

Anyways so far I really like it. I am playing the 360 version if it matters at all. Will give the MP a try this weekend, have a bunch of friends who picked this game up and they all like it also, haven't heard a negative comment from them regarding this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 22, 2010, 11:27 ElectroGuy

Ah, nuts. I guess I'll wait a bit then, thanks.  

5. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 22, 2010, 11:14 cronik

ElectroGuy wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 10:37:
Can't play it with a game pad? Sounds like my kind of game. Codemasters actually made a decent sim? I may have to check it out after all.

You may be disappointed because my impression with this game is they are trying to strike the middle ground between arcade and simulation, and yet failing quite badly in my opinion.

It's actually very forgiving in many ways even with all driving aids
off (driving physics/damage model) and yet it's unforgiving in other areas that actually lead to the detriment of fun (controller sensitivity, penalties for off-track excursions).

Visually it's really no better than Grid 2, in fact I'd say Grid 2 was a better looking game and on top of that F1 2010 performance is much worse, at least with my PC configuration.

Pitstops are kind of poor and not really immersive, autopilot in and out, the off track stuff is not really immersive either.

Lots of bugs being reported as well and it does feel kinda like an alpha in some areas with a lack of options to adjust various things.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2010, 11:26.

4. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 22, 2010, 10:42 SpectralMeat

cronik wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 10:13:
They talk about making the game fun... yeah, it's fun having my lap invalidated 99% of the time in time trial mode because of some minor excursion over a kerb, often losing time as a result.

It's also much fun barely being able to control the car with a game pad due to oversensitivity and no way to adjust.

I could go on and on about the bad points of this game, WTF were these muppets thinking?

Please go on I am curious about your bad and good points about this game. I have not picked up my copy yet and all reviews seems positive about his game but I am curious to see some player reviews.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 22, 2010, 10:37 ElectroGuy

Can't play it with a game pad? Sounds like my kind of game. Codemasters actually made a decent sim? I may have to check it out after all.  

2. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 22, 2010, 10:13 cronik

They talk about making the game fun... yeah, it's fun having my lap invalidated 99% of the time in time trial mode because of some minor excursion over a kerb, often losing time as a result.

It's also much fun barely being able to control the car with a game pad due to oversensitivity and no way to adjust.

I could go on and on about the bad points of this game, WTF were these muppets thinking?

1. Re: Formula 1 2010 Interview Sep 21, 2010, 23:06 Aero

Hehe... the "Geoff Brabham games."

Wrong Geoff.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo