Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?

Seriously! has an announcement from Devolver Digital revealing plans for Serious Sam HD Gold Edition, a four game bundle that will be released via Steam this Thursday. In addition to the HD versions of Serious Sam: First and Second Encounters, the bundle will also offer the original versions of both of these action-packed first-person shooters from Croteam. Serious Sam: The First Encounter and The Second Encounter were both released through GOG.com, so this lends some credence to speculation that tomrrow's planned statement on the uncertain state of GOG.com might be some sort of merger with Steam.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 12:41 spindoctor

Yea it seems like a bit of a stretch to associate this news with the possibility of gog.com being bought out by Steam.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 12:08 SBlat

All four games are available via Direct2Drive, and listed as published by Devolver, so it's hardly necessary that Steam have bought GOG to make the original versions available.  

15. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 12:04 Nameless Again

nin wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 11:59:
OMG, that would be awesome! BG, BG2 and, dare we hope, Planescape:Torment?

That would be truly amazing.

Don't forget Icewind Dale!

Ok, I just got hard.

14. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 12:04 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 11:59:

And Icewind Dale 2! ^^

Kittens!

13. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:59 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:54 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 11:20:
I would squeal like a little girl at a Bieber concert if they get Baldur's Gate and BG2 to work with Win7-64. :)

Kittens!

11. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:36 EnsErnie

Here is the Baldur's Gate reference frame from the GOG video:
http://imgur.com/1NjM8.png

And here is the GOGmix reference frame:
http://imgur.com/nCnfL.png

10. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:32 killer_roach

hoolaparara wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 10:56:
Good old games*

*Good old games not available for old operating systems anymore

Since GOG's main point is to get these old games working on modern operating systems, I'm not exactly seeing your point...

9. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:31 vermin

yeah, hehe. how are these things connected at all

Kajetan wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 11:02:
I do not see any connection at all between the announcement of this bundle and GOG.com possible future.

8. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:20 Creston

I would squeal like a little girl at a Bieber concert if they get Baldur's Gate and BG2 to work with Win7-64.

Creston

7. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:08 nin

Baldur's Gate being the dead giveaway

!

Ever since GOG launched, that was the series I hoped for.

edit: Watched the video. You just made my day!

6. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:03 Wolfox

Actually, check GOG.com. They posted a video on Youtube. People analized some of the "flashes" by the end of the video, and there's stuff that was not on GOG when it closed - Baldur's Gate being the dead giveaway, and something called "GOGMix".

In short - it seems it's a publicity stunt after all, and Wednesday/Thursday will see the site going out of Beta.

5. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:02 Kajetan

I do not see any connection at all between the announcement of this bundle and GOG.com possible future.  

4. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 10:56 hoolaparara

Good old games*

*Good old games not available for old operating systems anymore

3. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 10:53 nin

If Steam takes over for GOG, I'd be surprised if they allowed accounts to merge. That would be way too customer friendly for the Steam folks to allow.

2. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 10:49 InBlack

Im guessing that its becuase of some kind of deal between GOG and Steam (Valve). Maybe Valve has offered to buy their entire catalogue?  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 10:45 Veinman

Why would someone want the original versions AND the HD versions? Mod support for the old titles?  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo