Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players

GamePron has word that the version 1.1.0 StarCraft II patch that's expected tomorrow will include a region selector to allow those playing Blizzard's real-time strategy sequel in the region covering Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand to select North American servers. Last we recall it was suggested that multiple copies of the game might be required to play in multiple regions, but they say that the ability to switch regions was promised within 60 days of the game's release, and that this will beat that "deadline" by 48 hours.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 21, 2010, 01:17 Creston

Good job, Blizzard. To bad your whole region restriction is still fucking bullshit.

Creston

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2010, 01:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 17:52 Talisorn

necrosis wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 10:59:
People voluntarily want higher pings?
It's got more to do with RealID and the WoW servers. Blizzard have all the AU/NZ WoW players on the NA servers and yet put them on the SEA Starcraft servers. As a result, players cannot see their RealID friends playing WoW when they play Starcraft and vice-versa. The way it was at SC launch ran contray to how RealID was advertised.

7. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 16:44 Mashiki Amiketo

No what I want is to play with my friends in Korea and Japan without having to buy a second copy. Which it looks like, I'll finally be able to do. Besides the difference in ping that I get in SC is about 45ms.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 16:11 cronik

Time to destroy some yanks!  

5. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 12:30 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 10:51:
Ok this is good news. What about Europe though??

This is only going to happen for SEA customers as of now. No other players will have cross region play. At least, not for a while... they might add it in the future.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

4. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 11:46 psulli

I have put up with lag to play with friends that lived in Australia. Not everyone puts ping before people.  

3. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 11:22 Dev

Yeah, I also don't recall any promise to do it within 60 days. Why bother restricting it period if that was the case?
People want to play with their friends, who in the internet age, may not be on the same continent (I know its very surprising).

Also, some of those places don't always have enough people for multiplayer games in my experience (I can't speak for SC2 and people in austrailia specifically, but I know that I play with a significant number of people from austrailia in L4D2 since there's crap for servers there).

I would expect a RTS to play decently with a wider range of pings than an FPS.

2. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 10:59 necrosis

1. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 10:51 InBlack

Ok this is good news. What about Europe though??  

I have a nifty blue line!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo