Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds

Publisher 1C Company and developer Katauri Interactive announce the release of King's Bounty: Crossworlds, a new expansion for King's Bounty: Armored Princess that adds two new campaigns, dozens of quests, items, spells, creatures and a full-scale game editor to the strategic/adventure/role-playing sequel. Here's word: "The King's Bounty series is an adventure game with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The main hero and the army of companions, travel across a huge continent visiting dozens of different locations. The player will control their character in real-time mode while communicating with NPCs, collecting resources and recruiting an army, while all battles take place in classic turn-based mode with a strong emphasis on tactical elements." The King's Bounty Website has info and the King's Bounty: Crossworlds Debut Trailer and word that the new expansion is available separately or as part of two bundles: the King’s Bounty: Platinum Edition and the King’s Bounty: Crossworlds Game of the Year Edition.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 18, 2010, 05:57 eRe4s3r

Wow thanks I found a better mod though - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14477 - wonder why i didn't have the idea to look for mods, for some reason i thought there'd be none for this...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 22:17 Yifes

There's actually mods to get around the limited unit recruitment issue.
Here's an item that allows you to buy any unit that you already have a stack of on the go for 2x the price:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=61853&postcount=1
And I believe there's another mod out there that changes the available # of units for hire to infinity.

The number of units in your army is still limited by your leadership, so it doesn't break the game at all. Personally it was much more enjoyable once I stopped worrying about being ridiculously conservative for every battle.

In any case, fantastic game and I'll probably pick up Crossworlds after I find the time to play through Armored Princess.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 21:07 Shadowcat

No matter how hard I try, I can't help but read that as "King's Bounty: Crosswords" :)
Yeah, I saw this mentioned on another site, and thought it was some weird casual game spin-off of the series.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 20:52 eRe4s3r

Yeah the main Problem of Kings Booty is that difficulty is all over the place and you can EASILY accidentally attack a stack that looks easy but turns out to dish massive damage to your high-power unit stack which you can never again replace (as there is that ABSOLUTELY STUPID limited unit recruitment system in place).

I wonder what the makers of Kings Bounty thought why Age of Wonders / Homm and assorted allow city building? Its because when losing a big battle with expensive units you can still rebuild (as long as that doesn't happen at your last city and thus capital ;p) - but in kings bounty you are SOL. But i give them Kudos for the "marrying" and children that occupy item slots, haha ;p

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 19:25 Wolfen

Yifes wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 17:33:
How good is this game? I have to admit the last time I played a HoM&M game was when HoMMII came out and I might go into another game of its kind if it's good enough.

I've only played the original King's Bounty: The Legend, and it is awesome. It's a lot more of a RPG than HOMM. You only control one hero, level him up, learn spells, find items, and complete quests. You can't capture castles, and don't have to worry about resource management or constructing buildings. The game itself is huge, and you can get it for very cheap off of Steam or D2D. A must buy for any fan of HOMM/Disciples or the like. Don't know about Crossworlds, but the first expansion, Armored Princess, is supposed to be very good also.

The only real issue I had with the game is that the difficulty is kind of all over the place. An easy game may become very difficult/impossible if you don't plan your build and army carefully.

Correct. I save before every battle haha.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 17:33 Yifes

How good is this game? I have to admit the last time I played a HoM&M game was when HoMMII came out and I might go into another game of its kind if it's good enough.

I've only played the original King's Bounty: The Legend, and it is awesome. It's a lot more of a RPG than HOMM. You only control one hero, level him up, learn spells, find items, and complete quests. You can't capture castles, and don't have to worry about resource management or constructing buildings. The game itself is huge, and you can get it for very cheap off of Steam or D2D. A must buy for any fan of HOMM/Disciples or the like. Don't know about Crossworlds, but the first expansion, Armored Princess, is supposed to be very good also.

The only real issue I had with the game is that the difficulty is kind of all over the place. An easy game may become very difficult/impossible if you don't plan your build and army carefully.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2010, 17:45.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 17:17 ASeven

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 17:09 Dirwulf

King's Bounty: Crossworlds of Might & Magic...  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 15:14 Wolfen

kimbambaman wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 13:29:
No matter how hard I try, I can't help but read that as "King's Bounty: Crosswords"

I kept doing that too for a while.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 13:29 kimbambaman

No matter how hard I try, I can't help but read that as "King's Bounty: Crosswords"  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 10:57 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 10:47:
Cool, they released an all-in-one version.

Creston

Already had Armored Princess from a sale. So I picked up the pre-order on steam. Waiting for the unlock hehe.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 10:47 Creston

Cool, they released an all-in-one version.

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo