Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2010, 23:46 Dev

If thats true, then I blame best buy for not informing customers WTF they get when they buy an ipad. It's NOT a laptop replacement. If they are seriously getting that much sales problems, then they need to just stop carrying the ipad in store. Tell customers when they come in that they can order it online on the BB website. That should slow some of it down.

I doubt its true though. As the linked article says, there's a 4% drop in laptop sales month to month which is I think is likely linked to the ipad release. Considering that is business too, I find it much more likely its 10% or so at BB.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2010, 19:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Try typing a term paper on an ipad. Good luck trying. Anyone buying an ipad for their kid for school needs to have their head examined for loose nuts.
Just heard a story on the radio today about college kids using iPads instead of textbooks, and while they mostly said they were fine for reading and even annotating, they weren't good for actually typing up work and such.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2010, 12:32 Enahs

Seriously, you can not print from iPad and iPhones until the next release of the OS? For fucks sake, I have been able to print from Windows Mobile phones since like 2000......

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2010, 11:50 Ozmodan

Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn is off his rocker. The local computer store sells 10 laptops to every ipad. How do idiots like him get to be CEO?

Try typing a term paper on an ipad. Good luck trying. Anyone buying an ipad for their kid for school needs to have their head examined for loose nuts.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo