Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer

A new Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer offers an in-depth look at gameplay in Sid Meier's Civilization V, the installment in the turn-based strategy series that's expected next week. Firaxis' Peter Murray shows off the game, and many of the new features they've added to improve upon previous installments in the series, including hex tiles, a new interface, the new "social policy system," cultural victories, diplomacy changes, city-states, the introduction of tactical combat, and more. Here's the embedded version.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 12:19 eRe4s3r

Whenever i played Civ4 i hated the stupid grid, just like the dev here says, Grids are cheats when you move diagonal, you move 1.5 tiles. Thats 50% more than straight movement.

And the stacks of doom - well i am glad the are gone - even in Fall from Heaven 2 stacks of doom (stacks with elite troops + catapults + horses + mages and healers) were unbeatable to the AI in any case.

Civ 5 can suck for all i care, but mods are guaranteed, and any mod in hex grid, no stacks of doom civ 5 is 5 times superior to any civ 4/3/2/1 mod.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 10:22 Nomaar

Looks great, but this doesn't diminish the greatness of Civ 4. In terms of balance, AI and strategic play, that game is a masterpiece--plus it has spawned the creation of some incredible mods.  

10. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 07:25 Bhruic

steam users should see the game preloading "right now"

Yeah, we've had it preloaded for a few days, but I think he's suggesting that he hopes it gets unlocked for the weekend. As nice as that'd be, I highly doubt it, as Steam is pretty good (or bad, depending on your viewpoint) about keeping to release dates.

9. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 04:48 winnetou

GayBlade wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 18:18:
I keep hoping they will give me a weekend surprise by releasing it early (for those of us with the Steam pre-download at least). I wants this sooooooo bad.
Iirc it was mentioned in the 2-hour ustream session that steam users should see the game preloading "right now" (which was stated this Tuesday).

8. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 04:45 Grounded

Tiles are stupid and Civ 4 can die sorry. Civ 5 is the new pink and man it looks awesome  

7. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 20:01 Nate

Believe the Civ 5 demo will be available the day of release.

Wouldn't bother waiting for user reviews. The gameplay videos show the awesome polish they've put into it. No more stacks of doom and a hex grid! Whats not to love.

6. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 19:39 Cholma

Civ IV just doesn't cut it anymore. I look forward to no more stacks of dooooom!

Have you tried all the mods that came with Civ IV? I just tried Age of Ice. Found it interesting, and an adjustment to gameplay. Archers can bombard ALL tiles around them at once, and catapults can fight and win like regular units. (they're given a large retreat chance based on their health) Although, it's a story-driven game, not a normal conquer the world Civ IV game.

5. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 19:21 FloorPie

Meh, again it looks nice but where is the demo?  

4. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 18:23 Bucky

Crap, I shouldn't have watched this. Now I'm staring at the game page on Steam and trying to find a reason not to buy it.  

3. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 18:18 GayBlade

I keep hoping they will give me a weekend surprise by releasing it early (for those of us with the Steam pre-download at least). I wants this sooooooo bad.

Civ IV just doesn't cut it anymore. I look forward to no more stacks of dooooom!

2. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 17:16 ASeven

Will wait anxiously for the Civ community reviews, this is a game I will buy only if the Civ community approves it, even though this is a Civ game.  

1. Re: Civilization V Walkthrough Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 16:58 eRe4s3r

Yes, do want!  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo