Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS 2010 Trailer is now online, offering a look at the upcoming continuation of the sci-fi action/RPG series. The clip features cinematics from the game, but the voice work is entirely in Japanese. Thanks taczbr, who says the English-language version is expected tomorrow.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 06:08 Eldaron Imotholin

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 16:19:
Most of these scenes would look extremely odd in first person or be absolutely disorientating. Or never possible to pull off, like the dual blade thingy (likely a scripted scene..) - You can shoot in FP so meh...

Besides, if it becomes more Splinter Cell'ish that'd not be a bad thing.

eRe4s3r... you did not just say that. I'll forget you said that since I normally think you're one of the few here that speaks sense without trying to sound like a smart-ass bitch. But.. talking about Deus Ex and saying that if it becomes Splinter Cell'ish wouldn't be a bad thing is very silly. Also because that's exactly what I fear it'll be more like. Some of the footage in that gameplay video certainly look like:

Press B for insta-kill(s).

Jerykk wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 00:22:
Not a big fan of the third-person camera being used so often, like when climbing ladders, taking cover or doing melee takedowns. Having a consistent perspective goes a long way in making a game more immersive.

I couldn't agree with you more! And the more immersive a game is, the better (Amnesia is one of the best game experiences ever, for me).This is one of the biggest reasons why I hate consoles. Couch + controller forcing tunnel-vision gameplay = impossible to immerse.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 04:33 Surf

" One of the biggest mistakes made across the board in this industry, these days, is trying to appeal to everyone."

Ive been making the same statement for 15 years. It really is, truly, that simple.

Pick a crowd, stick with it, and die with it if need be. You will never please everyone and the sooner you realize that in real life the better off you will be.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2010, 00:22 Jerykk

Not a big fan of the third-person camera being used so often, like when climbing ladders, taking cover or doing melee takedowns. Having a consistent perspective goes a long way in making a game more immersive.  

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 20:27 Kedyn

I found a new way (and time) to kill Anna in like my 8th playthrough.

My favorite is shooting her in the head with the GEP gun on the plane. Hehe.

I gotta say, this game is looking pretty awesome. I have no fucking idea how it could possibly be a "prequel" to Deus Ex, but I'm not going to complain. It reminds me more of Ghost in the Shell, a series that I also really enjoy, and have always wanted to see a good video game adaptation of.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2010, 20:34.

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 17:50 Riker

I'm really liking the effort/money that's going into this, and that they're aiming for something pretty epic. Can't wait.  

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 16:19 eRe4s3r

Most of these scenes would look extremely odd in first person or be absolutely disorientating. Or never possible to pull off, like the dual blade thingy (likely a scripted scene..) - You can shoot in FP so meh...

Besides, if it becomes more Splinter Cell'ish that'd not be a bad thing.

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 16:06 jimnms

mag wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 15:48:
Fion wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 12:34:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-deus-ex/702812

There's the gameplay trailer. It certainly looks much more true to the original than Deus Ex 2 was.

90% of the 'true to the original' gameplay trailer is 3rd person.

The only gameplay I saw in those videos was 3rd person, except when zooming in with a scope, and a fucking consoleized cover system.

Steam Profile

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 15:51 Creston

Frijoles wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 15:13:
Tom wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 13:49:
For example, being able to do this...

Umm.. what's he doing in that? It looks like some sort of poison. I shouldn't have watched that. Now I want to play it again.

I think it's the pepper spray.

Hehe. "Jesus Christ, Denton!"

I loved just dogging Simons, constantly bumping into him and listening to Tom Hall bitch at me about it. Fuck, Deus Ex is so awesome.

I also love how someone said they were "ripping off System Shock 2", when Deus Ex was made by a lot of the same guys.

Still the best game ever. The amount of different possibilities in the game were staggering. I found a new way (and time) to kill Anna in like my 8th playthrough.

Creston

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 15:48 mag

Fion wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 12:34:

There's the gameplay trailer. It certainly looks much more true to the original than Deus Ex 2 was.

90% of the 'true to the original' gameplay trailer is 3rd person.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 15:13 Frijoles

Tom wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 13:49:

Umm.. what's he doing in that? It looks like some sort of poison. I shouldn't have watched that. Now I want to play it again.

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 13:49 Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffeSvk7yyw

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 13:43 Tom

I think people love the original Deus Ex for a lot of reasons... It had extraordinary attention to detail in all areas, it was fun, it had some meat to it, it had a lot of unique characteristics even though it was clearly inspired by other works, it had plenty of memorable moments, and it struck an excellent balance between being accessible and having some more hardcore game systems - better than System Shock 2 IMO. Many of us have come back to it after years and seen how it still stands up as a darn good game.

I seriously doubt any sequel will approach the original, but I'd still love to be surprised.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 13:24 Creston

Hadn't seen the gameplay trailers yet. Thanks peeps!

Creston

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 13:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Once again Square has amazing CGI people. In game footage would be nice...

Also, what is all this love for Deus Ex(the original), really? I mean, the game was good and I enjoyed it, but it was basically a straight ripoff of System Shock 2 in some ways, and a ripoff of Bladerunner and the Matrix in a lot more.

I can see how maybe it was some people's favorite game ever, but maybe, just maybe, nostalgia is coloring people's memories a bit here.

Anyway don't get your hopes up, there is too much money involved in this remake/sequel to not have it be aimed at as broad an audience as possible.

6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:50 JoeNapalm

One of the biggest mistakes made across the board in this industry, these days, is trying to appeal to everyone.

A Deus Ex sequel could be huge - if only they don't try to make it accessible to the entire gaming public.

You cannot make this game and have it adored by everyone from a mouth-breathing bargin-bin-crawling Wheel-of-Fortune-Home-Edition lover, a console fanboi, a casual in-browser "gamer", and the entire so-called "Harcore" crowd...we have so many failed attempts to hold up as examples.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:44 SpectralMeat

Not sure about this game. Cinematic makes it look like a Final Fantasy game  

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:36 Cutter

They released virtually the same trailer at E3 and Gamescon. As for gameplay footage, this one shows it off somehwat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWB51ZUFqg

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:34 Fion

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:17 Verno

I think they did actually show some gameplay footage already and most indications were that it was surprisingly true to the old game. I don't have a link handy though and haven't watched it myself, might wanna check youtube or GT.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution TGS Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 12:07 Creston

So far they've shown nothing but cinematic after cinematic. Never a good sign if a dev refuses to show any gameplay footage whatsoever.

Dumbed-down console shooter alert?

Creston

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo