Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Formula 1 2010 Trailer

The Formula 1 2010 Website now offers a new trailer from the upcoming F1 racing simulator. This is once again labeled a "work in progress," but that work better be progressing really quickly, as the game is due in North American stores on September 21 and in Europe on September 24. Here word on the clip: "Showcasing the stunning lighting effects featured in F1 2010, the new gameplay video features the full 24 car grid taking on the spectacular Singapore night race. For the first time in a FORMULA ONE videogame, players will experience night racing in high-definition as they go wheel-to-wheel on the city streets, set against a backdrop of fireworks and skyscrapers. F1 2010, powered by the award-winning EGO engine, authentically recreates the effect of the circuit’s hundreds of thousands of individual light sources as stars including Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel take on one of the most dramatic events on the FORMULA ONE calendar."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 09:45 SpectralMeat

Aero wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 18:35:
I mostly like sims, though I do enjoy a good pure arcade racer from time to time, but the area in between usually brings me no joy.

Give "Grid" or "Dirt" a try. I would not call any Codemasters racing game a sim, they are more Arcade games however their physics and graphics engine is top notch !
Especially Grid is a awesome racing game, with great physics. You can really feel the weights of the cars and perfect the cornering, sliding around corners etc.
If you are fan of those games I am sure you will not be disappointed with F1.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 16, 2010, 04:17 DG

Shame there's no demo. I enjoy watching F1 (and all the drama going on around it) but I'm not really into racing games and in particular don't really expect much excitement from an F1 game. I'm the first to admit it takes a good TV production crew to show a good race, not like Monza last week which involved a lot of boredom and occasionally catching glimpses - in the background of a Ferrari shot - of the excitement going on in the middle of the pack.

That said I did used to like Ridge Racer, which at higher levels seemed to be mostly about perfecting the racing line and braking points, so might have changed my mind in a demo.

6. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 18:35 Aero

I'm looking forward to it, but I worry it's walking the dangerous path between an arcade racer and a sim racer. I mostly like sims, though I do enjoy a good pure arcade racer from time to time, but the area in between usually brings me no joy. I am willing to accept a softer approach to realism, but I still want it to handle like an actual car. Hopefully this will fill the bill.

Especially with the recent release of Ferrari Virtual Academy, which has really brilliant physics (but that's about it), it would be hard to change over to something where the cars drive like a hovercraft.

That said, there hasn't been a commercial F1 project for PC's in so many years now, anything is welcome.

5. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 14:52 cronik

bring it on baby!!!  

4. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 14:30 SpectralMeat

No demo, found it on the official forum.
Oh well I was going to buy this anyways, and it is out next week.

3. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 13:48 Akuinnen

Looks like a great game but since I've got so many other racers I haven't finished, I'll wait for a review.  

2. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 13:43 Aero

Last I heard, there wasn't going to be a demo. Some excuse or other about the FIA not allowing it (though it beats me why not). I can't put my finger to a source for this though.  

1. Re: Formula 1 2010 Trailer Sep 15, 2010, 11:59 SpectralMeat

No word on the demo. By the way the game comes out on the 21st in the US not the 24th. I believe the 24th is the European release date.
Looking forward to this game.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo