Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization V Preorder Bonuses

Direct2Drive is now offering preorders of Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition in anticipation of next week's release of the turn-based strategy sequel. In addition to the game and all the digital deluxeness it offers, this preorder will also get you a free copy of Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete to help catch up on the history of the history series, as well as the first Double Civilization and Scenario Pack post-release DLC.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 15:53 JohnnyRotten

Tumbler wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 21:02:
$10 off through direct2drive with the code SANDIEGO and you get to register the code on STEAM!

$39.95 out the door!

Thanks Tumbler - just ordered.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 13:23 DG

Hmm, to pre-order for the Civ or wait until I can actually play it (Christmas at earliest), when it'll be cheaper?

Anyone know if they are still doing the manual for the store version?

JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 09:24:
The '90s called. They miss you, too.
Civ is the one game where the manual is both well written and useful. Lots of reference I don't want to alt-tab out for.

9. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 09:24 JoeNapalm

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 08:34:
I don't get these digital downloads. Without a cd you have to always be on the net to play the game. Secondly how do you get a manual? Not so sure the is the best way to distribute games imo.

The '90s called. They miss you, too.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

8. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 08:49 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 05:56:
If Civ isn't worth full price I don't know what game is in all honesty.
Civ 5 without Steamworks?

7. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 08:34 Ozmodan

I don't get these digital downloads. Without a cd you have to always be on the net to play the game. Secondly how do you get a manual? Not so sure the is the best way to distribute games imo.  

6. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 05:56 StingingVelvet

jimnms wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 03:41:
Holy fuck, this comes out next week? The game I'm most looking forward to this year is Fallout New Vegas. I haven't really been keeping up with news on Civ V. I guess I'll wait and pick it up on sale during the holidays after I've finished FNV.

If Civ isn't worth full price I don't know what game is in all honesty.

5. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 03:41 jimnms

Holy fuck, this comes out next week? The game I'm most looking forward to this year is Fallout New Vegas. I haven't really been keeping up with news on Civ V. I guess I'll wait and pick it up on sale during the holidays after I've finished FNV.  

Steam Profile

4. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 01:13 tony

The deluxe version is available on D2D as well. This deal is not new, I preordered from there about a month ago.  

3. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 13, 2010, 22:47 Tumbler

I'm kind of annoyed my $100 pre-order of the CE on amazon gets me some map pack I will never use, rather than a new civilization.

I noticed that extra civ on the steam prepurchase, was surprised that amazon does not have a better deal on it's offerings. Don't really like them holding back civs like that, but then again I usually chose random and just started with whatever it gave me.

Edit: Ha! Extra civ only comes with the $60 Deluxe version as well, sad to see PC gaming stoop so low...$10 extra dollars for that last civ? (and some maps! very useful on a game that randomly generates maps!)

Use the $10 savings on D2D, fantastic price, I'm 99% sure it'll be worth $40.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 22:53.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 13, 2010, 22:34 StingingVelvet

I'm kind of annoyed my $100 pre-order of the CE on amazon gets me some map pack I will never use, rather than a new civilization.  

1. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 13, 2010, 21:02 Tumbler

$10 off through direct2drive with the code SANDIEGO and you get to register the code on STEAM!

$39.95 out the door!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7608016

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo