Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization V Live Video Stream Today

Civilization V Website has details on 2K Games' plan to show off the upcoming turn-based strategy sequel in a live video stream this afternoon. Word is: "Well, I have heard your requests and have decided to show you how the game looks in action in the best way I could think of: A 2-hour live stream of the game during which Garrett Bittner, our Producer for Civilization V, will be there to answer your questions while I play through a game!" This all gets underway at 4:00 pm EDT today, on the 2K Games Live, Ustream.TV Channel. Thanks Ant via Voodoo Extreme.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 15, 2010, 18:15 Suddenly_Dead

Bhruic wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 17:46:
For those who pre-purchased on Steam... Preloads have started!
Thank you good sir, I almost forgot entirely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 14, 2010, 17:46 Bhruic

For those who pre-purchased on Steam... Preloads have started!  

38. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 14, 2010, 15:56 JohnnyRotten

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 15:52:
and bathing yourself in sex, rapes, violence towards innocents

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

Hellbinder is the only troll I don't block on these boards. He really makes me laugh when he posts. Good times...

37. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 14, 2010, 12:23 ASeven

There were some details in the presentation that worried me. Like happiness being now global and not a per-city deal, and the UI which seems to me way over simplified.

I don't know, I still have the feeling Civ V is being dumbed down.

36. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 14, 2010, 05:55 eRe4s3r

He played on Immortal though so enemy gets massive bonuses in combat and economy. For a proper demonstration he should have played on "default" i guess.

But one thing that instantly became apparent, end turn times have become EVEN WORSE to civ 4. And thats saying something. It was the first round on a standard map and what did he have, over 4 seconds turn time already? In Civ4 that was instant....

Surprised nobody watching it Live asked "heya, whats up with the crappy turn times that early?"

35. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 14, 2010, 02:52 Yosemite Sam

Ya gonna have to try the demo on this one first. Graphics puked, missing textures, sure seemed to be chunkin pretty heavy there on end turns and thats using, as they mentioned a lot, an uber PC. Release next week? in that condition... ya ya they insinuated its an older build, how long ago did the final cut go to get duped and they didnt have an up to date version a few days ago for this guy to play... Looks like CIV4 isnt leaving my drive anytime soon.

As for the gameplay, definatly got my interest, looks like it'll live up to the CIV brand. The trebuchet totally destroying a rifleman was kinda hmmm, seems overpowered. The same with the samurai, they seemed to roll over far more advanced units pretty easily, but the pikes definatly were getting slaughtered. The combat overall does seem like its going to be an improvement, just have to wait to see what the public thinks next week. Heh the guy playing was definatly hooked, NO SLEEP FOR YOU!

In 6 months when the games polished (finished) and I can pick it up in a bundle with the DLC packs I'll probably get it.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

34. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 23:38 eRe4s3r

Ah, thanks for info  

33. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 23:37 Kosumo

There are link at the same site that hosted it live, 2K Games Live, Ustream.TV Channel  

32. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 23:33 eRe4s3r

Gotta love this stupid time zone business, but i was asleep anyway Where are the youtube vids?

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2010, 00:04.

31. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 22:59 Kosumo

Oh that was clssical super funny when they when to load the 'steam cloud' save game that they had just been talking up only to have (what looks like a) video card over heating problem ---- must have been super funny when live

Other than that, man, it look MEGA.SUPER.ALL.CAPLOCKS.TO.THE.LIMIT goodish.

30. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 21:11 Beamer

If I buy on direc2drive do I need to download something of theirs?

I stick with one online store to avoid having several storefronts.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 20:31 Tumbler

$10 off at Direct2Drive right now, get the first premium DLC free and get Civ 3 free.

Is that not a good enough sale for you?

Yes, where is the link to this? The listing on the site shows this as $49.95. And I thought they mentioned this game being a steam game, so how does that work for a game purchased through direct2drive?

Edit: Nvrmind, found it on cheapassgamer.com HA! I check that site religiously and forgot to check it today!

SOLD. Awesome, and you get to register the game on steam for easy loading as well, how much more kick ass can that deal be!

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 20:45.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

28. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 20:26 tony

Tumbler wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 17:49:
Game looks great, would love to try it on my laptop prior to buying, don't see myself playing it much if I have to use my desktop to get it to look good.

I don't see any sales on this... $49.99 for purchasing it a week before it comes out? Feels kind of insulting to not offer any incentives to buy this game.... Was hoping amazon would have $10 off or something, was ready to spend money and now I'm feeling like they're being greedy not offering better incentives.

I'll wait for the price to come down or a demo. Or Onlive? Put it up on Onlive! I'll pay for 3 day access to play it and see how I like it there!

$10 off at Direct2Drive right now, get the first premium DLC free and get Civ 3 free.

Is that not a good enough sale for you?

27. Re: geeze Sep 13, 2010, 19:33 SM0k3

Cool beans, can't wait for the release; been waiting for something a little more complex to indulge myself in.  

26. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 18:53 Kosumo

WTF Tumbler???

Was hoping amazon would have $10 off or something, was ready to spend money and now I'm feeling like they're being greedy not offering better incentives.

You where ready to spend money? but they are being greedy? You where not ready to spend money, you lie, you where hoping to not spend very much money and that is why you feel they are being greedy, you want more incentive to spend your money other than what looks to be (I'll wait till I play the demo which will be out about same time a retail) a good game?

Looks to me as thought you think all games should be $1

Paying a $1 for games anit gonna lead to a healthy industry.

Best of luck getting it for what you believe it is worth.

25. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 17:49 Tumbler

Game looks great, would love to try it on my laptop prior to buying, don't see myself playing it much if I have to use my desktop to get it to look good.

I don't see any sales on this... $49.99 for purchasing it a week before it comes out? Feels kind of insulting to not offer any incentives to buy this game.... Was hoping amazon would have $10 off or something, was ready to spend money and now I'm feeling like they're being greedy not offering better incentives.

I'll wait for the price to come down or a demo. Or Onlive? Put it up on Onlive! I'll pay for 3 day access to play it and see how I like it there!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

24. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 17:24 Verno

Hellbinder wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 15:44:
right im dumbed down and ammoral

right im dumbed down

right im dumb

You're certainly a humble man

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

23. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 17:11 theyarecomingforyou

Supports Steam Cloud! Wow. Best feature ever!  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

22. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 17:07 theyarecomingforyou

Pretty interesting video feed. Looking good. Definite buy.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

21. Re: Civilization V Live Video Stream Today Sep 13, 2010, 16:51 Kosumo

I thought we where talking about Pirates! because it was another Sid Meier game?

(and Hellbender is just preaching, not talking about anything other than how we are all degenarates, which you would already know see as you where keeping notes at our last 'EVIL BASTARDS' meeting, you remember the one, where we told the cute little kitten that we went going to hurt it, and then as it walked away, you told it we where only joking and proceeded to ping pong ball it to death, oh, good times)

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo