Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evochron Mercenary Next Week?

The Evochron Mercenary Website has word that the release of Evochron Mercenary nears, and StarWraith 3D Games currently expects to launch its latest freeform space combat/trade/exploration game "around" September 17. The update includes some screenshots from recent beta testing sessions to show off some scenic locales, and here's word on release plans: "Details on how to receive the upcoming newsletter announcing the game along with discount offers are available in the forum." Thanks John.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 21:08 Doc4

How does the exploration aspect of this game work? Exploration appeals to me most, but I'm not sure what I would be finding.

It sounds like a huge universe, but what would I be finding? Interesting locations specifically hidden in the map? Or collecting 10 resources dropped on a planet somewhere?

The game touts combat, trade, and exploration, so what specifically is the exploration game play like?

Thanks,

Tom / Doc4

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 20:38 CommunistHamster

Maybe Blue should nominate him for the Seamus Mcnally prize.  

17. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 17:38 ColoradoHoudini

netrace

Yeah WTF.. one guy is making this game? Is there an award we give him somehow?
I have seen teams of devs make half this game.. with who knows how much money, and this guy is making this.. solo? I am impressed.

I shall find some good threads in those forums.. thanks.

16. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 15:51 netrace

ColoradoHoudini...

When you say "these guys seemed to have done it", realize that the Evochron games are done by just one guy. That makes it all the more impressive. Oh, and he frequents and responds on the forums a lot.

As for a Mercenary specific forum, I don't think there is one yet. You can visit http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/index.htm and get to the forums from there. I see people talking about Mercenary under the Announcements section quite a bit.

15. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 07:41 space captain

i remember when the original Starwraith game came out way back.. seems like it was around 2000 or so

i was playing it and thinking the guy could really have a solid game if he kept working on it..

fast forward 10 years later and the design is truly lightyears beyond what it was - i am always loving to hear about the latest updates, as this dude is toiling away in obscurity on possibly the best space sim currently available

Mercenary may be the version that finally pushes it over the edge and into a more mainstream success

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 11, 2010, 00:48 Slashman

I think I will actually get this. Time to dust off my Sidewinder Precision 2 flightstick.

Been ages since I played a decent space sim.

13. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 22:50 ColoradoHoudini

InterFaced wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 22:39:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 21:36:
Wow.. that looks impressive.. where has this game been hiding? holy pickles! the more i read about this game the more amped I get.. this looks very incredible.. and deep! My god, i found a new addiction for tonight

"where has this been hiding!?" is the same thing I thought when I first read about Evochron Legends right here on blues. This site seems to be one of the only places that posts about these games.

They don't dissapoint. Legends is great, Mercenary looks incredible. I'm psyched. Its a personal dream combination of freelancer and I-War2, with better control options than either.

When i read about the sharing of the turrets, that was the thing that made me say "okay, if they are doing this, what else are they putting in that will blow me away".
I know we've all waxed poetic about what we'd put in "game x".. but these guys seemed to have done it.

I can't find the Mercenary-specific forum though? i see Conflict/Legends/Renegade.. but not Mercenary.. what am I missing?

12. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 22:39 InterFaced

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 21:36:
Wow.. that looks impressive.. where has this game been hiding? holy pickles! the more i read about this game the more amped I get.. this looks very incredible.. and deep! My god, i found a new addiction for tonight

"where has this been hiding!?" is the same thing I thought when I first read about Evochron Legends right here on blues. This site seems to be one of the only places that posts about these games.

They don't dissapoint. Legends is great, Mercenary looks incredible. I'm psyched. Its a personal dream combination of freelancer and I-War2, with better control options than either.

11. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 21:36 ColoradoHoudini

What in the!!
- New gun turret binding mode in multiplayer allows players to link their ships together. One player controls a 360-degree gun turret attached to the player's ship they've linked to.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2010, 21:50.

10. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 20:38 Burrito of Peace

Woot! Thanks, Prez!  

9. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 20:19 Prez

It says :

"Supports keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and joystick flight control. Use the control device you prefer to play the game. Force feedback control is also supported."

...in the features list, so you should be okay with a 360 controller. Have to admit it is an amazing gamepad.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 20:14 Ashley

Subscribed to the newsletter. Thanks Blue. This is the only place that I've seen it mentioned.  

7. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 19:30 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 18:40:
The games usually control just fine with a mouse and keyboard, unless you just have to have a controller.

To be honest, I would. I have arthritis in my hands so I find it easier to use a controller for longer gaming sessions.

6. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 18:40 Prez

The games usually control just fine with a mouse and keyboard, unless you just have to have a controller.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 18:38 Burrito of Peace

Slashman wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 16:03:
Blasphemy!!! Brood

Four foot of total desk space and 4 24" monitors. Necessity!

4. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 16:03 Slashman

The Advocate wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 14:47:
This looks solid.

I wonder if it will support an Xbox 360 controller.

Blasphemy!!! Brood

3. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 16:02 Prez

This looks great. The universe is supposed to feel more alive in this one, which is the only thing I ever felt the game was lacking.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 14:47 Burrito of Peace

This looks solid.

I wonder if it will support an Xbox 360 controller.

1. Re: Evochron Mercenary Next Week? Sep 10, 2010, 13:51 gilly775

This is awesome news! The current one, Evochron Legends, is an outstanding game!  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo