Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ATI Catalyst Hotfix

A new ATI Catalyst 10.8b Hotfix is now available for Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The new drivers enable both GPUs on Radeon HD 4870 X2 and Radeon HD 4850 X2 graphics cards and offer DirectX 10 performance improvements when playing Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. with forced on Anisotropic Filtering using ATI Catalyst Control Center on Radeon HD 3xxx, ATI Radeon HD 4xxx, and ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series of accelerators. Thanks [H]ard-OCP.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 18:03 Evil Timmy

MCH: No, these drivers don't add depth to every PopCap game besides Plants and Zombies. Nor do they fix the HDMI overscan getting reset every time I restart my computer, resulting in an inch of black around the ugly stretched video before I have to reset it. Thx AMD!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 10:23 mch

I'm not even going to bother to test whether these drivers address the issue I've had with PopCap games.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

5. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 05:27 Jerykk

No real need. My 2nd GPU is working fine and I don't play HAWX so I doubt these drivers would offer any improvements for me over 10.8.  

4. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 04:19 ForgedReality

Ah. I see. I might check it out. I have a 4870x2, so maybe it will yield increases elsewhere as well. I have HAWX but I don't really play it. Might get into it again. I need something arcadey to play for a while.

So I take it you haven't tried these drivers yet?

3. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 02:05 Jerykk

I believe the issue they're referring to is your 2nd GPU being stuck at 2D clocks, even when playing games. I've tested that on my system using Rivatuner and verified that my 2nd GPU ramps up to 3D clocks when playing games. However, I have heard a lot of people complaining about this issue over at Guru3D so I'm assuming they were using 7 or Vista.  

2. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 01:41 ForgedReality

Jerykk wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 00:52:
According to the driver page, these are for Windows 7 and Vista, not XP. I'm using 10.8 on XP right now and I'm not having any issues with my 2nd GPU not being used.

You're sure? Maybe they mean another powerplay bug, where until you use the card in an accelerated environment, the second gpu is operating at 3d clocks. That's happened quite a lot, and they usually come out with a hotfix for it soon after. This does sound like something different though.

1. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 00:52 Jerykk

According to the driver page, these are for Windows 7 and Vista, not XP. I'm using 10.8 on XP right now and I'm not having any issues with my 2nd GPU not being used.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo