Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming

Users having to re-authenticate StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty every time they attempt to play Blizzard's RTS sequel is due to a bug, rather than a policy change, reports GamePro. "We’re aware there’s a bug in the authentication system, as far as the system being able to know that you’ve logged into the system for 30 days," a Blizzard representative tells them. "We’re trying to address this problem in an upcoming patch." The rep also responded to a post on the Battle.net forums saying the re-authentication was intentional, saying: "There’s been a miscommunication with the [customer-service] guys…there’s no change with the 30-day authentication policy." Thanks Big Download.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 14:56 kimbambaman

So having to login everytime was a bug? I just assumed it was part of the B.net service in an MMO fashion.

I enjoyed it a lot... but I'm just a casual single-player gamer now.

I am in the same boat as you. Enjoying the SP campaign, I am worthless at RTS so I am playing it on casual difficulty, and really enjoying it.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 14:52 kanniballl

Tumbler wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 13:01:
It's been pretty quite quiet regarding this game since launch. I was expecting people to be talking about how much they love it and how much they play it.

From the outside it seems like people are begrudgingly happy with it.
"Yeah it's a great game...BUT..." That kind of thing.

I enjoyed it a lot... but I'm just a casual single-player gamer now.

I'm sure if I was younger and either in a college dorm or went to LAN parties I'd be enjoying myself quite a bit. But I'm long in the tooth now and can't stand playing online.

I knew that going in, and it's why I'm not a huge gamer anymore. If most of the fun is playing online then there's little incentive for me to play.

It's one of my favorite PC games for the last year or so. And I enjoyed it a lot more than Supreme Commander / C&C4, C&C Red Alert, etc.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 14:50 rist3903

The single player campaign was quite good. I am looking forward to seeing how they price the sequels though considering that they will probably add only a few elements to the multiplayer in each.  

7. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 13:19 Verno

The SP campaign was pretty impressive but a lot of people seem turned off by the competitive nature of the multiplayer. It'll take the community awhile to come up with the breadth of custom maps that War3 had so I think a lot of people just played the SP and tuned out afterward. Amongst my friends I'm one of the few people still playing it regularly.  

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

6. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 13:01 Tumbler

It's been pretty quite quiet regarding this game since launch. I was expecting people to be talking about how much they love it and how much they play it.

From the outside it seems like people are begrudgingly happy with it.
"Yeah it's a great game...BUT..." That kind of thing.

Kmart was selling it for $39.99 last weekend online, was sold out when I went to look at the offer. (think it was a day after the offer appeared)

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2010, 13:20.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 11:30 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:45:
Ok great. Now how about getting the bnet 2.0 up to bnet 1.0 standards.

Man Blizzard really screwed the pooch on their new and "improved" bnet. No wait. They massacred the pooch with chainsaws. (Sorry bout the dog reference Blue)

Fucking Bobby Kotick. I mean common. No chat rooms??? Region limitations, facebook integration???

Fucking glorified Windows Live is what it is. Which is a shame. Since the gameplay is really brilliant.

The in-game "overlay" is especially disappointing, it doesn't have basic functionality that Steam has. Often times a notification will flick on and I'll go to click on it but nothing happens. Then on other notifications you can click them. It only works while you're playing Blizzard games which probably means they planned to let other services offer their games but I don't see SC2 offered anywhere else except retail and b.net. The lack of community based chatrooms really makes b.net feel like a soulless experience too, I hope those get patched back in soon.

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

4. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 11:11 Creston

Paketep wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 11:09:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:40:
So, if I understand it correctly, if you don't login to Bnet for 30 days, you have to re-enter your CD key?

Nope, just login again into faceb.. B.net 2.0

Oh, okay. It's been asking me for my password every time I login anyways.

Creston

3. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 11:09 Paketep

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:40:
So, if I understand it correctly, if you don't login to Bnet for 30 days, you have to re-enter your CD key?

Nope, just login again into faceb.. B.net 2.0

2. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 10:45 InBlack

Ok great. Now how about getting the bnet 2.0 up to bnet 1.0 standards.

Man Blizzard really screwed the pooch on their new and "improved" bnet. No wait. They massacred the pooch with chainsaws. (Sorry bout the dog reference Blue)

Fucking Bobby Kotick. I mean common. No chat rooms??? Region limitations, facebook integration???

Fucking glorified Windows Live is what it is. Which is a shame. Since the gameplay is really brilliant.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: StarCraft II Authentication Fix Coming Sep 9, 2010, 10:40 Creston

Creston

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo