Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is a happy occasion, as tonight marks the beginning of the tackle football season with the Saints playing the Vikings. The past couple of baseball seasons the Mets have saved their meltdown for later in the season, but they completely imploded long ago, so the NFL season can't come quickly enough from my perspective.

NFL Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Happy Wheels.
Alien Guard 2.
Radio Zed.
Links: TypeFace-Off Quiz: Video Games & Their Makers. I got 9/10. Thanks Neatorama.
Ask a real musician: 5 classic male metal singers. Thanks Neatorama.
The Faculty- The Awful Movie That Launched a Thousand Careers.
Story: In-N-Out, Five Guys Tops, McDonald's Dead Last In Burger Rankings. No Fatburger?
Science: Your Very Own $400,000 Robot. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Whistleblower Claims Many US Interpreters Can't Speak Afghan Languages.
Media: Pacific Sun Cruise liner in very heavy seas. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
"Weird Al" Yankovic reads Green Eggs & Ham.
"Jiffy" Crew strips Down and Rebuilds a Jeep - Under 4 Mins.
The Funnies: Trouble at the Moisture Farm.
Follow-up: Regulatory Capture Of Oil Drilling Agency Exposed In Report.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2010, 01:18 xXBatmanXx

Well, was a good game to watch. Some goofy calls on both sides, and I once again wonder if Vegas has a hand in the jar....the spread was 5, and once again, there it is - right on the button.

Why would NO quit passing? Seems odd - they had us beat everytime with the pass. Just goofy.

OH well. Lots of good tape to watch, we will be ready next week. Looking forward to the games this weekend! 2 games on Monday night!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 21:13 xXBatmanXx

it doesn't much matter, you know the Packers are going to win it all this year. Sucks to be you

What flavor crack do you smoke?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 21:07 Sepharo

Love Five Guys! (that's what she said)

Probably go there twice a month with the lunch crew.

Very good burgers, tons of fries (get them seasoned), and free peanuts. Also free toppings (though a lot of places do this).

I always go with a regular (which is 2 patties) bacon cheeseburger with pickles, mushrooms, and jalapeńos.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 19:43 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 18:37:
GO VIKES!

F THE SAINTS AND PACKERS!

Haha, Bats! Whilst I'd like to see the Vikes down the Saints for sure, it doesn't much matter, you know the Packers are going to win it all this year. Sucks to be you.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 19:32 Longswd

Hoop wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 17:53:
Who the hell names food chains or any chain store?
Five Guys
In n out
Jack in the crack

Add Dicks to the mix and I swear you could'nt make for more innuendo......if you know what i mean......argh......not that theres anything wrong with that.......*cough*...ahem.

Jack in the Crack = my own semi-humorous name for Jack in the Box

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 18:37 xXBatmanXx

GO VIKES!

F THE SAINTS AND PACKERS!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 17:55 Prez

'In and Out' is a good description of how those burgers in the pictures look like they'd be handled by your digestive system. Blech!

Oh, and neat quiz on mental floss. Most were pretty easy, though I missed the Pokemon one - it's font never really seemed distinct at all to me. 9/10 for me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 17:53 Hoop

Who the hell names food chains or any chain store?
Five Guys
In n out
Jack in the crack

Add Dicks to the mix and I swear you could'nt make for more innuendo......if you know what i mean......argh......not that theres anything wrong with that.......*cough*...ahem.

Um .. Behind you...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 16:46 nutshell42

The best "burger" I know is a Döner from the Döner van at the town square here.

The problem with rating chains is that despite all their assembly line methods it's utterly dependent on where, when and what you buy. If I go to my local McD's past midnight and order something unusual chances are they're gonna make it fresh, use the lettuce meant for the next day and it's gonna be quite good. If you order a cheez..err cheeseburger that's lain there for 3h it's gonna taste accordingly.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 16:34 zirik

mag wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 12:26:
If you're going to try to make your heart explode with ground beef, at least hunt down a non-chain local joint that knows how to cook one. Jesus.

agreed. hole in the wall type of eateries have some of the best food you can find. one of the best joint in socal is called omega burger. located near the train station at chapman avenue. they cook everything in lard but it tastes so dammed good! paul's place is also a good burger joint in orange county. paul's is ironically a greek sandwich place but they make good burger and broasted chicken. damn, im hungry!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 16:24 zirik

mch wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:50:
Also, Five Guys > In-N-Out burger.

i think the opposite and i have tried both. the only thing that 5 guys has going for it are the free roasted peanuts when you order a combo. but for customizing your burger nothing can beat in-n-out. you just have to know the lingo when ordering and they have websites dedicated for that.

double double with grilled onions please!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 16:18 Creston

I just grill my own Angus 90/10 burgers. Better than any fast food place or restaurant ever makes them, and quite a lot cheaper too.

Creston

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 16:17 PHJF

Best burgers are pretty much always going to be local. If we're talking strictly national, I find the bison burgers at Ruby Tuesday are best. I can't find bison in stores.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 15:59 mch

Longswd wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 15:18:
Never even heard of Five Guys. How can you be #1 and not have any stores in my part of California?

I'm pretty sure Five Guys is more of an East Coast thing while In-N-Out is more west coast. Can't speak for the entire East Coast of course, but we certainly don't have In-N-Out around DC.

PSN: CaseDesignate

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 15:27 kanniballl

Longswd wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 15:18:
Never even heard of Five Guys. How can you be #1 and not have any stores in my part of California?

They have a presence in NJ, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're in NY as well. Even if it's not in California, a NY presence makes it large. Besides, they're probably just taking the *average* score for each place, and not giving any weight to the number of customers the place has.

5 Guys is... alright. I think they're a little better than what I remember other fast food places, but in the end it's the same "feeling" having one from there vs McD or BK.

I don't frequent fast food places often, maybe once or twice per year. I'd rather drive a little further out and get take out from a restaurant, you don't even need to go far to get a decent burger. Then again I do eat a lot of pizza, which some might call fast food.

That being said, home grilled is usually the best... and the next is waiting at a good steak house.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 15:24 space captain

theres a 5 guys about 15 miles down the road from me.. havent been there yet but i will at some point

i heard they give you like 2 pounds of fries as a "regular order"

also the prices seemed a bit high for a take out joint

Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 15:18 Longswd

Never even heard of Five Guys. How can you be #1 and not have any stores in my part of California? Makes me question their survey methodology. As for In N Out burger, I don't think they are anything special at all, I never eat there. Jack in the Crack is my number 1 choice for a tasty burger (other than Big Kahuana Burger, that's that Hawaiian burger joint...).

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 14:24 Mooreman

Lunchbox Laboratory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suomynona/sets/72157612880184094/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 13:59 mch

Hoop that comment, combined with your signature...is golden.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 13:18 Hoop

The New McDonalds Angus burger is surprisingly damned good.

I tried an Angus Burger & found it to be just a mouthful of bun, "meat" and lots of raw onion.
Neddless to say there was a lot of turbulence to be experienced if you walked behind me for a couple of hours after.
This reinforced my belief that they did indeed misspell "Angus" on naming it.

Um .. Behind you...

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo