Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Metro 2033 DLC

Steam News announces the release of a new content update for Metro 2033 that gives the Ranger Pack as free DLC for the post-apocalyptic shooter. The Ranger Pack adds two new weapons: the Heavy Automatic Shotgun, and the Volt Driver, nine new Steam achievements, and a pair of new Ranger gameplay modes.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 12:26 Rhialto

Roachmojo wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:46:
I just finished this game and it was badass! Beautiful game maxed out, with just enough stalkerish action gameplay to satisfy me.

I'm curious to know your rig specs. I remember reading it was not enjoyable maxed out on a GTX480.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 09:48 Grumpy Sod

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 03:43:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:13:
THQ was selling the game for $10 a while back. Pretty good deal.

Ouch. How the hell did I miss that one? Must have been while I was on my yearly road trip to the wild Northeast.

Even worse/better... it was part of the THQ pack which was on sale for peanuts last sale. I got the whole pack for 25 which included this.

13. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 09:38 JoeNapalm

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 07:31:

Sure, sure... it just seems like I read the sentence "waiting on a Steam sale" constantly lately.

I say it all the time...for reasons 1-4.

I can't recall the last time I bought a PC game in a box...and my list of purchased and yet-to-be-played games stretches back to the Steam Xmas sales, so I am starting to cut pretty close to the bone before I'll buy another game. But if it's on sale on Steam for a massive discount, I'll buy it in anticipation of finding the time to play sometime next decade.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

12. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 07:31 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 04:36:
And yet Valve insist that their Steam sales don't effect the number of people buying at full price.

I'm not sure that Frijoles waiting for a Steam sale suggests that he would have otherwise bought the game at full price. Hell, you can just remove "Steam" from his statement if you want. If he's heard good things about the game but is still waiting for it to be on sale, it probably means the following:

1) He doesn't have enough expendable cash to pay full price.
2) He doesn't believe that the good things he's heard about the game are worth paying full price.
3) He's played the game and doesn't feel it is worth full price.

No matter the case, the lack of a Steam sale wouldn't necessarily make him pay full price for the game.

Sure, sure... it just seems like I read the sentence "waiting on a Steam sale" constantly lately.

11. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 07:18 The Half Elf

4) There are just too many other games to play right now, so why not wait for it to be on sale, buy it, and play it later?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 04:36 Jerykk

And yet Valve insist that their Steam sales don't effect the number of people buying at full price.

I'm not sure that Frijoles waiting for a Steam sale suggests that he would have otherwise bought the game at full price. Hell, you can just remove "Steam" from his statement if you want. If he's heard good things about the game but is still waiting for it to be on sale, it probably means the following:

1) He doesn't have enough expendable cash to pay full price.
2) He doesn't believe that the good things he's heard about the game are worth paying full price.
3) He's played the game and doesn't feel it is worth full price.

No matter the case, the lack of a Steam sale wouldn't necessarily make him pay full price for the game.

9. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 04:09 StingingVelvet

Frijoles wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:20:
I'm waiting for a good Steam sale. I've heard good things about this game.

8. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 03:43 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:13:

Ouch. How the hell did I miss that one? Must have been while I was on my yearly road trip to the wild Northeast.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 02:52 NKD

Got two copies of this free with my GTX 480s. I've not gotten around to playing it yet. I'll have to get on it.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 01:46 Roachmojo

I just finished this game and it was badass! Beautiful game maxed out, with just enough stalkerish action gameplay to satisfy me.  

5. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 01:20 Frijoles

I'm waiting for a good Steam sale. I've heard good things about this game.  

4. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 01:13 Jerykk

Cool! Now for a sale! (Please, oh please!)

3. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 00:57 Bet

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 00:25:
Wow, I bet two of the three people who bought this game are looking forward to this DLC.
Considering the game sold enough copies to warrant a sequel, your numbers are probably off.

2. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 00:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I bet two of the three people who bought this game are looking forward to this DLC.

1. Re: Free Metro 2033 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 00:07 Prez

Cool! Now for a sale! (Please, oh please!)  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo