Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas in October

The Pete Hines interview on Planet Fallout talks with the Bethesda Softworks spokesperson about Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian's upcoming contribution to the Fallout series of post-apocalyptic RPGs. Topics include how the new game will differ from Fallout 3, the use of realistic weapons, locations, shooting mechanics, weapon modifications, environmental interactions, factions, companions, the game engine, mod support, and more. Pete confirms the game's rumored October release date, saying the game is due on October 19 in North America. Update: Fixed a typo in the date. Apologies.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 10, 2010, 08:43 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 02:29:
Am I the only one who doesn't care if the game isn't 100% polished? Fallout 1&2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum and VTMB weren't exactly polished either but they ended up being some of the best RPGs ever.
Yeah I know, especially fallout 2 was chock full of bugs. It was still playable and fun though. Years later you still have fans fixing bugs in FO2, I think its been patched as recently as this year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 10, 2010, 02:29 Jerykk

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the game isn't 100% polished? Fallout 1&2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum and VTMB weren't exactly polished either but they ended up being some of the best RPGs ever.

Alpha Protocol got a lot of hate for its supposed lack of polish but I really didn't encounter any major issues during my playthrough. KOTOR2's issue wasn't a lack of polish but a lack of an ending, as the last third of the game was clearly rushed and a lot of content was cut or scaled down considerably. NWN2 was pretty rough, though much of that was due to using a crappy engine.

I'm looking forward to New Vegas and hope it can recapture some of the greatness that was FO1 and 2.

14. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 17:20 Verno

Reviews in general, not just PC Gamer or something. As in user reviews and whatnot. I love the community but remember the trainwreck that was KOTOR2? Yeah, the community didn't fix that in a month.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

13. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 16:31 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 15:11:
Playable but certainly buggy, the game has hundreds if not thousands of documented bugs several patches later dude. Imagine that in the hands of Obsidian who make notoriously buggy products. I'll wait for reviews

Reviews won't even mention the bugs. Either because they don't care, or because they're bought and paid for.

In a month or so, the community will have patched pretty much everything.

Creston

12. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 15:11 Verno

Playable but certainly buggy, the game has hundreds if not thousands of documented bugs several patches later dude. Imagine that in the hands of Obsidian who make notoriously buggy products. I'll wait for reviews  

11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 13:30 Dev

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 10:35:
I think I'll use that extra couple of weeks to wait for reviews. I shudder to think of how buggy Obsidian + Gamebryo could potentially be.
Presumably similar to fallout 3, since I believe that was the same combo. FO 3 was playable on release day to the finish. It had a few bugs, but no gamestoppers that I came across. Many crashes people have are from weird combos of mods, the load order is very important. I think it may also have a couple memory leaks since FO3 tends to slow down after extended playing sessions (like 6+ hours). It slows down on saving and loading.

10. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 10:35 Verno

I think I'll use that extra couple of weeks to wait for reviews. I shudder to think of how buggy Obsidian + Gamebryo could potentially be.  

9. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 10:10 gilly775

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 03:33:
This is a welcome surprise - as I was expecting it later in the year or early next for some reason....cool. Always enjoy this late time of the year when a ton of games get released....

nah, it was reported months ago that it was coming out in October. Good to here a definitive date, though.

8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 10:07 JoeNapalm

Wasn't interested...read the article...now I'm jonesing to play this.

Damn Jedi mind tricks. My defenses were down!

Gah!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

7. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 03:33 xXBatmanXx

This is a welcome surprise - as I was expecting it later in the year or early next for some reason....cool. Always enjoy this late time of the year when a ton of games get released....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 01:21 StingingVelvet

Damn yoooooooouuuuuuu!  

5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 01:09 Bet

Roman wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 00:31:
The interview says October 19, not October 6.
Correct! And not as fantastic!

Bummer

4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 00:31 Roman

The interview says October 19, not October 6.  

3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 9, 2010, 00:29 Bet

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 23:13:
Wow, they moved it up 2 weeks from the rumored release. AWESOME.
Best news I've heard all day. Fantastic!

2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 8, 2010, 23:57 Dev

Dangit, I got a good deal on starcraft CE pre-order from gamestop ($80 or so). I want something good from gamestop for new vegas CE but nothing yet (I want the vault 13 suit bonus. Yeah I know that after release there will probably be ways to get the all the bonuses, through console spawn commands if nothing else, and the pre-order bonuses probably won't last more than a couple levels, but I want that one).

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2010, 00:06.

1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas in October Sep 8, 2010, 23:13 StingingVelvet

Wow, they moved it up 2 weeks from the rumored release. AWESOME.

Two Worlds 2 better move, as it's out on the same day at the moment and that's suicide.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo