Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed

The BioWare Social Network has word that the problems with the PC edition of the Lair of the Shadowbroker DLC for Mass Effect 2 are cleared up, and a working version of the DLC is now available. Word is: "Lair of the Shadowbroker should now be fixed for the PC and should be able to be downloaded now for both the PC and Xbox 360. Thanks to everyone for their patience and help as we fixed this issue."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 9, 2010, 14:18 Yosemite Sam

Thanks Creston, ya I know about thier abilitys, it was the skill set ie electronics stuff I was on about. So they just need to be in the party... guess I just need them to get more EXP... found some probes I couldnt access, and a system I couldnt hack.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 9, 2010, 13:15 DG

well this is irritating. No doubt an old story for anyone with PC ME. I have to sign up for some special mass effect webpage in order to buy the DLC, which has to be bought using basically the xbox live system. I.e., you have to buy "points" in chunks of 800/1200/1600 and funnily enough everything (except Shadowbroker) is costs some number that is not one of the above.

If you want to buy all 3 of the mission DLC, you get left with a balance that happens to be the same as all of the horse armour. Or you could leave it for perhaps more DLC later, though of course it's not enough for the mission DLC so you'll have to buy more points and have even more left over.

What a load of shit. At least with MS points you can spend it on a large range of games, so the rounding ends up trivial.

Why can't I just, you know, fucking buy this shit using a credit card on steam? Preferably for less than the game itself cost

14. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 18:48 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 17:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 17:35:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 15:17:
Hey, I only just started playing Mass Effect, whats the deal with party members. I bring them along for thier skills but cant use them? Do I just automactically have thier abilities myself when they tag along? Example, I bring a tech person to get into those locked cabinets, but I see no option to get them to open them.

Are you talking about the first Mass Effect, or the second one?

Creston

First... Just finished mopping up the AI on the moon.

And I'm assuming you're playing it on the PC, right? To access your companions' abilities, hit the space bar. That brings up the party HUD, and you should see their abilities listed on the side. You can drag some of them to your shortcut bar if you want.

As for bringing a tech to get into cabinets, that works, but make sure that you're putting his skills into Electronics and... eh... whatever the other skill is called. (There's two for the opening stuff.)

If he doesn't have any skills in it, then it won't do you any good to bring him along.

Creston

13. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 17:57 Yosemite Sam

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 17:35:
Hey, I only just started playing Mass Effect, whats the deal with party members. I bring them along for thier skills but cant use them? Do I just automactically have thier abilities myself when they tag along? Example, I bring a tech person to get into those locked cabinets, but I see no option to get them to open them.

Creston

First... Just finished mopping up the AI on the moon.

12. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 17:35 Creston

Creston

11. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 17:20 Verno

Well, with Kasumi you just hotkey her Flashbang ability and win 90% of the fights in the game. That ability is so nuts I don't even take her anymore, it really ruins the challenge. Insanity is so varied though that I can't really take any two specific members, I usually have to switch it up a lot. Some members are shit for certain fights and extremely strong for others.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

10. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 17:13 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 16:20:
Her abilities are hugely OP if you control them directly. If she's dying then you're not doing it right On the plus side she makes high difficulty runs a cakewalk in comparison to the other companions.

I don't really manage my companions in ME past telling them where to stand honestly. I found Grunt to be great for insanity mode, as he runs up front and causes mayhem while my stealthy sniper self shoots from a distance.

I also take Mordin, just because I love his personality.

9. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 16:20 Verno

Her abilities are hugely OP if you control them directly. If she's dying then you're not doing it right On the plus side she makes high difficulty runs a cakewalk in comparison to the other companions.  

8. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 16:06 StingingVelvet

I used Kasumi for a while on my insanity run and she just died constantly... *shrug*

Anyway, this and Overlord are what DLC should be, frankly. Excellent little additions that are unique in some way.

7. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 15:43 necrosis

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 13:45:
Overlord and Shadowbroker are the two worth getting. Kasumi's stuff is alright but shes crazily overpowered and her mission is an hour long tops, more like 30-40 mins if you don't explore every single conversation option.

Nice. QA is alive and well in Bioware/EA...

It was their CDN and they caught/fixed it pretty quickly.
Ill second Kasumi. She is insanely overpowered. Great if you want to clear the game on highest difficulty setting tho.

6. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 15:17 Yosemite Sam

5. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 13:45 Verno

Overlord and Shadowbroker are the two worth getting. Kasumi's stuff is alright but shes crazily overpowered and her mission is an hour long tops, more like 30-40 mins if you don't explore every single conversation option.

It was their CDN and they caught/fixed it pretty quickly.

4. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 13:32 Creston

Overlord is excellent. Both party members are pretty good, imo. Their missions are decent and they're good additions to your party.

No idea about this one yet, but SV seems to like it.

Creston

3. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 12:55 DG

I'm about to start playing ME2; is any of the DLC worth getting, and better to get before starting?  

2. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 12:45 Creston

Creston

1. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 DLC Fixed Sep 8, 2010, 12:39 Cypher

Nope, sorry.

Sure, the download/install worked since about... six hours after the initial release (excellent work, btw).
But it still has a HUGE bug - the Sky car chase:
Some people have sound cut out.
Others (myself included) can't even see anything except the interface boxes.

Apparently, this happened on a few 360 machines as well.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo