Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 9, 2010, 16:37 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm interested in Amnesia now. Gonna need to look into that one. I'll revisit Elemental in a few months. I pre-ordered it, but I don't want to bother installing it until they get the problems worked out of it. I'm hoping they go back and fix the basic gameplay issues and actually turn it into the good game it could be. They had MoM as a model of how to make a good game like that. They can't have screwed it up so bad that it's irreparable. At least I hope not.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 20:36 JohnBirshire

One of the reviews actually talked me out of buying Amnesia, specifically this line:

Itís Thief IIIís Cradle as a full game

I could barely handle that level in Thief III, I would crap myself to death if I tried to play an entire game like it, haha. If you're a horror fan however, Amnesia looks like a must play.

I was looking forward to Elemental until I read a few reviews, probably one of the bigger disappointments this year.

The Predator mod trailer was one of the worst trailer's I've seen, and the fact that they played the Predator 2 trailer's audio in the background without even removing the Predator 2 bit really makes me question the production values. Would have been a cool mod however if it had come out 2 years ago, Crysis is kind of a has-been at best. It was hard enough finding players online when it was brand new.

Dragon Age, I must finally start playing it again, I always make it about 10 hours in and then make a new character. I might start it up again when I'm done playing through Ultima 7 for the 20th time in my life.

5. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 15:04 Prez

Weird to see a mod review in here - that almost never happens. Good review though - you want to check out Heat of the Jungle if you are a predator fan and own Crysis.  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 14:46 heroin

Amnesia is damn good. Every year holds a surprise stellar game. So far this is also my fav game of the year and best surprise/indie game of the year. Don't get me wrong I like SC2... I'm glad it stuck with it's old school roots but Amnesia sticks to it's old school roots in a better way and introduces a very well done insanity [LSD] mechanic.

I played Call of Cthulhu & Penumbra I&II - Amnesia just plays a lot smoother & it's scarier. Keeps you reeled in. Amnesia almost has a nostalgic Thief I/II vibe except you won't want to put out that torch with a water arrow. This game is damn dark, love whipping out that lantern until the oil runs out and the darkness sets in and sanity begins to rock back and forth.

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 14:14 ASeven

Amnesia is perhaps the most scary game ever made. Well worth $20, even more in fact. One of the best adventure games around and quite an unique experience and right now it's my favourite game of 2010.  

2. Amnesia Sep 8, 2010, 12:52 Cram

Got the game, played it for several hours last night.
Worth every dollar so far. Waiting till the sun sets to continue.

1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2010, 12:50 JaguarUSF

I agree that Elemental is one of the best game ideas out there, but it's not fully realized yet. Maybe in six months.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo