Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned

A free patch for Borderlands is coming to raise the level cap in Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter to 69, reports Kotaku. They have the explanation from Randy Pitchford that the cap raise is separate from their DLC releases because they didn't want players to be required to pay for it, and the patch that ups the cap will also include some bug fixes and balance tweaks.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 14:40 Mead

Bard wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 10:31:
Lord Tea wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 16:51:
Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo.

You must be playing some other version. I found it to be repetitive, clunky and a big disappointment.

Did they ever fix the net code so no firewall mappings and other fiddling is required?

TF2 is still the best multiplayer FPS out there. Simply a masterpiece.

Funny, I prefer Borderlands over TF2.

Wow, different people like different games. Shocker.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 13:56 DG

2nd playthrough? I liked the game a lot, but I'd have to love seriously love a game to play though any SP more than once, especially one I've already sunk nearly 80 hours into.

If I didn't have a "to play" list so long I might have considered blitzing though the main missions + the better sides if there was some option to just not bother spawning the crates or drops of trash.

17. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 13:02 Stolk

Bard wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 10:31:

You must be playing some other version. I found it to be repetitive, clunky and a big disappointment.

Did they ever fix the net code so no firewall mappings and other fiddling is required?

He must be playing the same version I played. It was easily my favorite FPS shooter of last year. I enjoyed single player, didn't really care much for the mp experience though. My only negative was the menu system on the PC, but that didn't affect gameplay.

If I regarded Blue's News commenters as an entity, I would say the commenters here love Mafia 2 and dislike Borderlands. This is a very strange place.

16. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 10:31 Bard

15. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 23:43 Vulkan

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 18:20:
It's not that hard to solo Crawmerax, though I'm pretty sure that a Siren is the only class that can do it legit.

I've been able to do it with both Mordecai and Roland, you just have to dance him around the center rock formation and have decent class specific weapon for each of the big three elemental damage types, plus a sniper rifle with the most raw damage you can muster in the fourth slot.

I still can't get it done with Brick though, Brick sucks for this fight.

The problem with killing him solo is that you're not going to get any decent drops. Killing him with a group of four nets you better loot but then you have to hurry before everyone steals all the shit and runs.

14. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 22:09 xXBatmanXx

The problem I have with it is the lame loot drops.

If I have to play through it another time, to get better weapons that make sense with my level, then f that.

I am almost done with the DLCs (almost finished Knoxx) and the game will be 100% done for me. My weapons are about 10 levels under me.....pretty sad.....

The only saving grace is a lvl 25 shield that also regens my health.....still the loot drops are the suck.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

13. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 19:06 Verno

MattyB wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 18:31:
Without new talents, raising the level cap just invalidates the whole talent-tree setup, because as it stands now you can pretty much spec everything fully. The whole loot system needs to be overhauled - needs split armour sets and more variation, endlessly looking for guns becomes a bit shallow.

Borderlands itself is all about the multiplayer though - SP is dull, just like Diablo was.

Agreed. Oh and the game could use more than one fucking skill per character. I mean even console users complained about how simplified it was

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

12. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 18:31 MattyB

Without new talents, raising the level cap just invalidates the whole talent-tree setup, because as it stands now you can pretty much spec everything fully. The whole loot system needs to be overhauled - needs split armour sets and more variation, endlessly looking for guns becomes a bit shallow.

Borderlands itself is all about the multiplayer though - SP is dull, just like Diablo was.

11. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 18:21 Scud

The higher level cap is nice and I'll probably get the next DLC anyhow as I liked the game overall. But the reason the drops suck so much in PT 2 is because you level up too fast and so the stuff you get becomes junk, they really need to fix that.  

10. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 18:20 Creston

Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo. You can easily reach Level 61 on the 2nd playthrough but I doubt it's possible to crack Crawmerax in a singleplayer game w/o cheating. Can't wait for the raised level cap/new DLC. I'm Playing F.E.A.R. 2 in the meantime

It's not that hard to solo Crawmerax, though I'm pretty sure that a Siren is the only class that can do it legit. The others have to use the glitch where if you crouch in the one particular corner, he doesn't see you.

A Siren can just phasewalk out of sight, wait to regen phasewalk, go in a shoot a few times, phasewalk out of sight, wait to regen, etc.

He's really not that hard, he's just annoying. And since his drops are shit, there's not a whole lot of point to doing it. I've farmed him 30 times or so, and I upgraded one weapon and my shield from doing so. Not the world's best drop rates...

Creston

9. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 16:51 Lord Tea

Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo. You can easily reach Level 61 on the 2nd playthrough but I doubt it's possible to crack Crawmerax in a singleplayer game w/o cheating. Can't wait for the raised level cap/new DLC. I'm Playing F.E.A.R. 2 in the meantime  
UPSA = United Police States of America

8. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 16:42 KezClone

Hm. I love Borderlands. On the PC, even. Yeah, the bank got put in the weakest DLC but I'll take it for the bank alone, I guess.

Looking forward to a Borderlands World MMO or something.

7. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 14:51 Tanto Edge

Fun like Paperboy. Short controlled doses.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

6. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 14:44 peonjohn

Yeah, I bought this back in the day (full price for the 360) and a buddy and me did a playthrough together and it was sort of fun.

we started a second playthrough and only put in about an hour or two when it just got really boring.

i tried single-player and made it to about lvl 10 or so and had to give up on it.

the game's ok, but something about it is so lifeless.

5. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 14:43 Creston

DG wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 13:50:
they didn't want players to be required to pay for it,
these guys evidently have no idea how the gaming industry operates.

Which is nice.

Anyway, finished Borderlands doing every single mission found (sides and all, except the Knoxx "secret" boss thing) and all the DLC except the boring Moxxi tournament thing, and still don't think I'm even at 50. Everyone doing co-op or farming? Can't be bothered with a 2nd run through

I'm not quite sure what you're saying? You're saying that you finished Borderlands ONCE, and you're surprised that you didn't reach the level cap? You're gonna need to do another playthrough if you want to reach 61, but quite frankly all that really does for you is allow you to farm Crawmerax, which is pointless in and of itself since his drops are shit.

Plus, you get terrible loot drops in playthrough 2 anyways, so I'd advise people to just play through once, then if they want to play through it again, to just start a new character. PT1 is FAR more enjoyable than PT2.

Creston

4. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 14:29 StingingVelvet

Not a huge fan of the game but it's alright... I like story and immersion more than loot and levels. The short story bits that are there are good too, there just isn't enough of it for me.  

3. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 14:20 Verno

Sure they do, they attached the bank stash to their worst DLC and refused to patch it in or put it in with other DLC. That's without going into the clusterfuck that was Borderlands PC.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

2. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 13:50 DG

they didn't want players to be required to pay for it,

Which is nice.

Anyway, finished Borderlands doing every single mission found (sides and all, except the Knoxx "secret" boss thing) and all the DLC except the boring Moxxi tournament thing, and still don't think I'm even at 50. Everyone doing co-op or farming? Can't be bothered with a 2nd run through

1. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 6, 2010, 12:50 Rhett

If this fixes the level scaling, for every area, permanently, then I may get the game a 3rd time...  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo