Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes Online Open Beta

The Company of Heroes Online Website announces the promised open beta testing of the online version of Relic's World War II real-time strategy game is now live. Here's word: "Today is just the beginning as far as we’re concerned. We’re relying on the existing fan-base to help us understand what’s important to help build the community and make COHO a success. Please encourage all of your friends to play (it is FREE after all!) and keep the feedback coming! It’s not falling on deaf ears, I promise you. The team is extremely driven and passionate and is working hard to provide regular game and lobby updates, new items, heroes, map, balance/bug fixes and feature updates and in general, making COHO an amazing game experience for everyone."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 3, 2010, 17:37 Surf

I understand the "ownership" and yes you are correct you don't own the game, BUT, what if say I wanted to mod and play Battlefield2 in 2015? You cannot do that since the game must be authorized and played on their servers. So the game dissapears forever after X amount of years, snuffing the possible chance of someone making something cool out of a forgotten or abandoned game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 3, 2010, 08:48 El Pit

Surf wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 05:27:
This really sucks. I feel the "ownership" of games has gone quickly and swiftly into the game makers hands.

You obviously know it (hence the quotation marks): You NEVER "owned" a game.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 3, 2010, 07:46 Wallshadows

Pretty soon game machines will have built in coin slots in order to play a game.

Wait a minute....

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

4. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 3, 2010, 05:27 Surf

Relics simple test of micro transactions for future games. This really sucks. I feel the "ownership" of games has gone quickly and swiftly into the game makers hands.

Want to buy a game? Buy a full priced digital version online, no packaging, no manual (except pdf that you print if desired) same high price.

Want to stay competitive? Buy special items that give huge advantages to paying customers.

No user created servers.

No modding.

Tired of the game? Want to get away from it for 1, 3, 6, 12 months or more? Gotta pay that monthly fee to keep your account alive. This doesn't apply to all games though.

At least they give a try before you buy, but overall this system sucks for the longevity and flexibility that PC gamers have expected since PC gaming began.

3. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 3, 2010, 03:32 DangerDog

Redeem Your Free Reward Pack

Thank you for registering for Company of Heroes® Online. As a member of the COHO community, we would like to welcome you to Open Beta with a free reward pack. Click the link below to access your exclusive code to get your free items.

* 3,000 Free Supply Points
* 500 Experience Points
* 1 Free Hero Unit
* 1 Free Army Item

Looks like you'll need to pay for Experience Points with COHO-bucks if you want to remain competitive.

2. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 2, 2010, 21:30 UConnBBall

Company for Heroes Online is two years old. It started in China. They are now changing it to try and work it in America.  

1. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 2, 2010, 20:48 loomy

this and age of empires beta starting at the same time, what are the chances  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo