Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 17:45 Beamer

Hands down the best controller. The PS3 controller is awful. Feels so terrible in the hands. It's a slightly bulkier SNES controller. It's nearly the same design as the PS1 controller. And the dual sticks are thrown not where they feel best but where they had fit.

Also, the dpad on it blows. Not as much, but blows. If we're licensing just license from Nintendo, who has the patent on the best dpad design yet keeps making them too tiny to be worthwhile.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 16:41 |RaptoR|

Please god NO. NO. NO.

ANYTHING but the fucking Playstation controller. I loved that when I was 12. I can't use the cramped, terribly designed contraption for more than 5 minutes without severe cramping in my hands.

Fuck that terrible fucking design. Terrible. It's the sole reason I won't buy a PS3.

//edit: apparently, it left off the quote. I was referring to the person below mentioning that Microsoft should just license the Playstation design and be done with it. The 360 controller, minus the D-Pad, has the best ergonomics of any controller on the market today.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 12:35 peteham

Verno wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 07:13:
Err, thats the point of the whole controller. You twist the outer layer of the dpad to make it into the older style people are used to and you can turn it back for the few people who like the newer one.
Well yeah, but the cross is still in one piece, whereas the dualshock essentially has separate buttons (even though there's one piece underneath). Though it could be that the new pad has better "pressure zones" (for lack of a better word) as well. In this case even the default/old look will work better than the default wobbly imprecise mess of a dpad. I assumed the change was just cosmetic, though.

But yeah, I like the 360 gamepad better as a whole than the dualshock. Just the dpad, please.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 10:37 Dots

Kane & Lynch 2 MP add-ons today. No sign of PC editions as of now.
Right now, there are, they're up on Steam.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:49 Parallax Abstraction

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 20:26:
$65 for the controller with the Play&Charge kit (which is $20 on its own for... a battery); it's not being offered independently.

This is what bugs me the most about it. I would happily buy one of the new controllers to get a decent D-Pad and both of my current ones are starting to act up. However, I already have a Play & Charge kit and the thing was the worst $20 I ever spent. The battery packs they use are garbage and within a year, both of the ones I got were holding only about half the charge they did when new. One of them only lasts about 2 hours now and the other lasts about 5. They're supposed to last 10-15.

Charging through the USB ports also takes almost as long as the batteries last as it's a trickle charge. The 360 is supposed to keep charging them after you turn it off but it will only do that for about two hours and then stops whether they're fully charged or not. There's no way I'm going to pay for more of that.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:38 Trashy

I agree, I've always liked the staggered analog stick layout that the Gamecube / Xbox uses. my left thumb just doesn't get the same range of motion on a dual shock controller.  

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 09:23 SirKnight

peteham wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 06:52:
Just steal Sony's dualshock-design already. Buy the requisite patents if you have to

Except make it a little bigger as the PS3 controller is painfully small and awkward to hold. It's not like I have huge hands either. It's also too light. I like the heavier feel of the 360 controller.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 08:51 Verno

Oh and
Xbox Live Likely to See $100 'Platinum' Service Next, says Pachter.

That will be the death of the goose that laid golden eggs if they try it.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 07:13 Verno

Personally I'm not that interested until they make a D-PAD that doesn't suck

Err, thats the point of the whole controller. You twist the outer layer of the dpad to make it into the older style people are used to and you can turn it back for the few people who like the newer one.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 06:52 peteham

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 20:26:
$65 for the controller with the Play&Charge kit (which is $20 on its own for... a battery); it's not being offered independently.
Not that terrible assuming you're in the market for both items. Personally I'm not that interested until they make a D-PAD that doesn't suck. The current 360 design is so horribly inaccurate that the only thing it's usable for is weapon-swapping, where it doesn't matter if you end up with a diagonal 40% of the time when all you really wanted was to go left..

Just steal Sony's dualshock-design already. Buy the requisite patents if you have to

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 06:25 Wallshadows

The way he kept moving the controller closer to the screen reminded me of the SCTV pancakes skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgkBdNwqB0

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 00:31 spindoctor

The PC versions of the K&L2 DLC are up on Steam if anyone is interested.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 31, 2010, 20:26 Suddenly_Dead

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 31, 2010, 20:03 nin

$65 for a fucking controller? Again, what are they smoking?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo