Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

R.U.S.E. Demo

Steam News announces the release of the promised single-player demo for R.U.S.E., Ubisoft's World War II real-time strategy game. Word is: "Play through a full single-player mission designed exclusively for the R.U.S.E. demo. Command Allied forces from the Head Quarters and lead your army to a nuclear conflict and combine deceptive strategies to conquer the battleground." It probably bears repeating that Ubisoft recently announced that this game will not use their widely despised DRM.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 26, 2010, 09:01 Ant

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 05:44:
Ant wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 17:20:
Cool. Single player! Does it have multiplayer too?

Yes it does. Not in the demo though
The demo is pretty awesome by the way, this is buy for me as well. I am going to take advantage of Direct 2 Drive $10 off promo and get this for $39.95
Cool. Multiplayer beta and free weekend were OK. I am anxious to try its single player.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 26, 2010, 05:44 SpectralMeat

Ant wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 17:20:

Yes it does. Not in the demo though
The demo is pretty awesome by the way, this is buy for me as well. I am going to take advantage of Direct 2 Drive $10 off promo and get this for $39.95

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 26, 2010, 00:21 Grifter

well i just played it and i love it

I will be buying it

13. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 21:51 ColoradoHoudini

I'm going to do something wildly strange here and ask..
How's the demo?

12. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:47 Grifter

its a game ppl, we hate ubi's drm and it looks like someone in ubi realizes that. If you give the game a chance and if it is good actually go out and buy it, it makes the case weak for those at ubi whom actually support the drm.

The reason why ubi is probably schzieo on this is because there are probably factions within ubi that are both oppposed and pro draconian drm.

Sales on pc for there company have slid so the ball is now in the hands of the guys whom are opposed to the drm.

if the game is good and it sells well then that crappy drm may just die the death that it should

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2010, 18:25.

11. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:39 Dr. D. Schreber

Huh

In my entire life, I have never seen a more ill-conceived, logically unsound, outrageously bad metaphor than the one in this thread.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

10. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:34 Tumbler

That's pretty harsh. Why damn the game for the prior sins of the publisher?

Reform is possible. Otherwise we wouldn't have prison sentences, we'd simply execute every person convicted of a felony.

LOL? What?! It's harsh not to buy this game from Ubisoft because they are a bunch of A-holes? That's who is profiting from selling this game. Are the developers getting a cut of the proceeds somehow? Every dollar you spend on this game is going straight to Ubi. Can't seem to stomach that myself. That company needs a good financial ass kicking.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:20 Ant

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2010, 17:38.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:00 Wolfen

Bet wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:15:
Wolfen wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:02:
Its published / developed by Ubi, whom implement that drm, so I wont buy it if it has it or not. =)

Reform is possible. Otherwise we wouldn't have prison sentences, we'd simply execute every person convicted of a felony.

Because they still practice the sin dont they? They still have the DRM active in there other products. Ones Id like to try out for sure.

So a killer is still killing on the side, but letting this one family live? Its ok to praise him still?

7. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:58 Wolfen

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:16:

Its published / developed by Ubi, whom implement that drm, so I wont buy it if it has it or not. =)

Hang on kids, we're heading towards Hitler country!

LOL. Yup, not purchasing from a company that continues to practice things I do not agree with and merely doesnt use it in one thing has SS written all over it. =P

6. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:20 Flipper405

Bet wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:15:

I agree; they removed the DRM from this game, so maybe it would help "the cause" to check this game out as opposed to games that currently use it.

5. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:16 nin

Hang on kids, we're heading towards Hitler country!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:15 Bet

3. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 14:17 Grifter

I am going to give the demo a shot.If i like it will buy if not won't.  

2. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 14:02 Wolfen

1. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 13:52 SpectralMeat

So is this game going to have the Ubi DRM guys?

j/k

Steam: SpectralMeat

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo