Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

How Steam Saved Introversion

The Introversion Forum has an account of how this independent developer was rescued through sales on Valve's Steam service. The British developer describes how they hit hard times, and sold off furniture and fired staff to become a bedroom developer. At the point they were ready to rewrite their C.V.s and look for jobs when they came up with a last-ditch rescue plan involving creating Steam achievements for DEFCON and convincing Valve to run a promotion with it. Here's the happy ending to the story: "Right on cue, Valve delivered. The promo exceeded all of our expectations and when combined with our low burn rate (no office or staff now) we had gone from being fearful about paying our mortgages to having a year’s operating capital in the bank. This was good, but paled in comparison to the fact that we were working together as a team again. Just like the old days. Just me Chris, TJ and Johnny – laptops, bedrooms and plans for global domination. The difference this time was we have a lot more knowledge and experience about what works and what doesn’t. On the face of it we are less capable than we were six months ago, but personally I believe that we are ready to rebuild the company bigger and stronger in a different mould." Thanks Mike Martinez via Kotaku via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

View
5. Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Aug 25, 2010, 04:35 nofb

Darwinia is a fun, refreshing game, one of the few that doesn't just rely on 3D to be called a game. I can hardly wait Subversion to be available, it looks like they are doing a great job there too!

... and yeah, I hope it'll be funnier than the other Subversion

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 24, 22:36 Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Kxmode
  2. Aug 24, 23:13  Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Sacrifice
  3. Aug 25, 02:21   Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Prez
  4. Aug 25, 02:47 Re: How Steam Saved Introversion starmonkey
  9. Aug 25, 10:19  Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Tom
>> 5. Aug 25, 04:35 Re: How Steam Saved Introversion nofb
  6. Aug 25, 06:47  Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Sphinx
  7. Aug 25, 09:50 Re: How Steam Saved Introversion Pankin
  10. Aug 25, 10:49  Re: How Steam Saved Introversion skyguy