Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Two Worlds II Interview

The Two Worlds II Interview on UGDB chats with TopWare Interactive PR & Community Director Jake DiGennaro about Reality Pump's fantasy role-playing sequel that's due for release next month. They discuss improving on the localization of the original, the mixed reception of the first Two Worlds, the new combat system, crafting, engine improvements, and more.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 26, 2010, 01:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Oblivion + FCOM is definitely better than G3 + anything. Throw in some of the other awesome Oblivion mods out there and the game is easily tenfold better than the vanilla version and far beyond the reach of G3.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 25, 2010, 02:45 xXBatmanXx

I am probably one of the very few who really enjoyed TW. As long as you "keep it simple stupid" and treat it as an upgraded Diablo game - then it works. If you were expecting something in the AAA game category...well...then you are screwed.

I am eagerly awaiting TW2.
Since I got TW for 6.00 (you can still buy for about 2.00 on gogamer), I will be buying TW2 for full price on opening day. Even more of the same would be great....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 20:35 Quboid

Definitely give G3 (with latest community patch, which works with G3 or G3:GOTY but not the expansion pack) a shot if you like Oblivion. It's not as polished but it has more heart. Quick-save often, there are stability issues. I guess the community can't fix those without the source code.

I played about 3 hours there, no stability or bug worries except the odd minor thing (pathfinding once or twice...).

- Quboid

9. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 19:40 LittleMe

NicklePop wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 19:12:
I just started an Oblivion run with FCOM installed (and a bunch of other), amazing game now.

Is Gothic 3 worthy against Oblivion + FCOM? Should I play G3 + community patch instead?

I've played both and I had stability problems with FCOM. Oblivion is probably a better game mostly because of the truly massive modding community. That said, I like Gothic3 (with community patch 1.74) more for some reasons. It's an exclusive PC game for one. I like the graphic style more (in G3). If you like Oblivion I don't see why you wouldn't like G3 @ 1.74. It's a good game. Give it a shot, and be patient with your progression.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 19:12 NicklePop

I just started an Oblivion run with FCOM installed (and a bunch of other), amazing game now.

Is Gothic 3 worthy against Oblivion + FCOM? Should I play G3 + community patch instead?

7. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 17:30 LittleMe

Quboid wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 17:24:
Ah screw it, I'm firing up Gothic 3. I wonder what time I'll finish, it's 22:25 now, I only intend to play for an hour, 90 minutes tops.

Fully patched Gothic3 is great. Not perfect, but enjoyable. It doesn't look like Gothic4 will have that much better graphics either. I've been playing G3 the past few days also. I haven't spent much time looking for mods but I haven't found anything significant.

6. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 17:24 Quboid

Ah screw it, I'm firing up Gothic 3. I wonder what time I'll finish, it's 22:25 now, I only intend to play for an hour, 90 minutes tops.  

- Quboid

5. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 17:18 LittleMe

I'm also interested in this. With Gothic4 being released so very close to this game, I wonder how that will impact sales? I don't think either of them planned it this way three years ago.

The sequel could be named:

Three Worlds I
Three Worlds II
Two Worlds II part II
Beyond Two Worlds II
Two Worlds III? (nah!)
Two Worlds Reloaded
Two Worlds Redemption
Revenge of Two Worlds II (to keep the 2w2 theme going)
One World III

4. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 17:04 Quboid

This is why you shouldn't have numbers in your game's name - you end up with either stupid stuff like this, or random names like Anno (released in this order: 1602, 1503, 1702, 1404). The worst is numbers at the end, like Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six 2? Rainbow 6 2? Rainbow Sixty-two. Yuck.

Quite interested in this game though. If Bethesda take The Elderscrolls down the MMO grind route, it will be this and Gothic 4 for the light-weight open world RPG genre, which is a great genre IMHO.

- Quboid

3. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Two Worlds x 2 = Four Worlds. Discuss.

2. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 13:31 Xil

the original once fully patched was a really nice game, if Two World II builds on that and adds more of the good things if the original it should be brilliant  

1. Re: Two Worlds II Interview Aug 24, 2010, 13:16 Creston

Pretty interested in this. I hope it'll be cool.

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo