Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Two episodes in to the new season of the two Showtime series I mentioned last week are a mixed bag for me so far. Weeds went off the rails a short time after it began, but I've hung in there pretty well, but it's really hard to see where they are going at this point, though the idea that given the chance to start over they would just want to be a normal family is slightly interesting. But basically it seems to be determined to be a sitcom about the world's worst mom. On the other hand, The Big C is pretty fascinating so far, and I have high hopes for it, though I have to work on remembering the title, as I keep thinking it's called The C Word.

Showtime Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Village TD.
Grow Valley.
Medieval Puzzler.
Link: The 30 Greatest On-Stage Falls of All Time.
Stories: A chance to pick a piece of Lady Liberty’s nose. Thanks brother19.
Medical Marijuana Helping Budget Deficit, Colorado Gov. Says.
Science: Wide Variety of Dog Breeds Arise From Few Genes. Thanks j.c.f.
Brain may take an acid trip into migraines.
PlayStation Controller Coffee Table.
The Sky Before Katrina.
Media: A Light in the Darkness - Part One. Star Wars fan film.
Pee-Wee Goes to Sturgis.
Don Draper's College Orientation.
Follow-up: FDA Calls For More Authority Over Recalls, Says Avoid Runny Egg Yolks In Meantime.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2010, 22:58 Sepharo

Hammer wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 10:41:
Breaking Bad finale (man...I miss that show!)

SEASON FINALE

Christ you scared me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Grow Valley Aug 25, 2010, 16:46 Bet

The new Grow game is a ton of fun. Grow RPG still holds my heart, but this comes close.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2010, 10:41 Hammer

Bludd wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 10:20:
I'm much more enjoying the new season of Mad Men and the recently started Rubicon.

How's Rubicon? I remember watching the pilot after the Breaking Bad finale (man...I miss that show!) - and while it looked like it could be interesting, I wasn't convinced enough to watch.

Has it held up after 3-4 shows?

12. Grow Valley Aug 25, 2010, 07:24 rocketpcguy

if anyone wants to see the ending of Grow Valley; a walkthrough of the order seems to be (highlight):
1) Design system
2) Architectural system
3) Electricty & information system
4) Mechanical system
5) Mathematical and Chemical system
6) Matter / Chemical system
7) Life sciences

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 15:35 Prez

Concerning the medical marijuana stroy, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to apply for a medical marijuana license card from a state like California or Colorado from out of state? I live in Tennessee, which has no medical pot law.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 15:17 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 11:23:
The Sky Before Katrina.

*sigh*

I've seen this practically everywhere I look lately and it's driving me nuts! I've gotten like 5 emails about it over the last 2 months or so. So hopefully this will be the last time I have to say this:

This IS NOT from Katrina!

Thank you Rigs!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 13:48 Capella

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 11:00:
Rome and Deadwood are great, but True Blood is the actual surprise imo. That series is by so much superior to that Sparkly-Eyes Vampire crap of Twilight its beyond words.

After all these horrid vampire movies and series i never thought i see a proper mature fantasy "old-lore" series with vampires (and assorted stuff)

Of course it's great, it has Alan Ball. He was all over one of the best movies, American Beauty, and THE best series ever, Six Feet Under.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

8. Re: Budget Deficit Aug 24, 2010, 13:33 Bet

Legalizing something which brings in considerable tax revenue helps the deficit??? How could this happen?!

It's ludicrous that substances like alcohol and tobacco are legal when marijuana is not, especially considering that governments should love the idea of raking in taxes on commercially sold marijuana. It surely isn't worse than either of those other two, and I've heard some pretty compelling arguments about how it's a better bad-for-you substance. Not to mention seeing the devastation that tobacco and alcohol can bring to people's lives, firsthand.

Such insanity in this world.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 11:23 Rigs

The Sky Before Katrina.

*sigh*

I've seen this practically everywhere I look lately and it's driving me nuts! I've gotten like 5 emails about it over the last 2 months or so. So hopefully this will be the last time I have to say this:

This IS NOT from Katrina!

These pictures are of mid-western super-cell thunderstorms. And they are of several different ones at that. To top it off, some of these pictures, like the one of the tornado, are like 7 or 8 years old, way before Katrina. In fact, I've had that particular picture as my desktop on and off since that time...

I don't know why whoever put this out said they were from Katrina (maybe to get attention) but they certainly are not...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 11:00 eRe4s3r

Rome and Deadwood are great, but True Blood is the actual surprise imo. That series is by so much superior to that Sparkly-Eyes Vampire crap of Twilight its beyond words.

After all these horrid vampire movies and series i never thought i see a proper mature fantasy "old-lore" series with vampires (and assorted stuff)

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 10:37 InBlack

Two series that I can heartily recommend: "Rome". "Deadwood".

The former is probably the best period drama and maybe even the best drama I have yet watched with a very talented and charismatic cast.

The latter is a one man show-stealer. Ian McShane as Al Swearingen is brilliant...

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 10:25 Kxmode

The Big C ... I keep thinking it's called The C Word.

Now what starts with the letter "C"?
"Cookie" starts with "C"!
Let's think of other things that starts with "C"!
Uh. . .Uh. . . Who cares about da other things?!

"C" is for Cookie that's good enough for me,
"C" is for cookie that's good enough for me,
"C" is for cookie that's good enough for me,
Oh! cookie, cookie, cookie starts with "C"!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 10:20 Bludd

I'm much more enjoying the new season of Mad Men and the recently started Rubicon.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2010, 10:16 nin

I keep thinking it's called The C Word.

Dude, I'm trying to be good here, but you're not helping!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo