Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming

The Natural Selection 2 Website introduces the Crag, the first of four alien structures the alien commander will be able to build in the upcoming action/strategy sequel. They offer a big description of the structure and its role in the game, offering concept art showing its cragginess. Word is the Crag will be added to the Natural Selection 2 alpha in the next patch update. Thanks joao.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 21, 2010, 18:52 JaguarUSF

PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 22:10:
Can't wait for the Super Aggro Crag.

First place gets 725 points.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 21, 2010, 11:19 |oR|jonvall

bigspender wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 21:55:
the gorge can still build structures btw

but they are going for a starcraft 2 esports approach with the whole 2 commanders thing

not t mention the it will balanced now

I'm not thrilled at all with this 2 commander idea. I get what they're going for but it totally changes the gameplay! I won't pass judgment until I play it but it's not a great idea.

It's supposed to be a weaker race that is technologically advanced against a totally organic alien race.....while it's still essentially the same formula you will no longer have the "Hive Mind" gameplay. You'll have a commander that will be directing everything from above.

Sounds like the aliens will have an advantage over the marines....unless they're nerfing the aliens somehow. Jesus...I really hate when game makers fuck with an already proven formula like this!

I love Flayra and the crew and appreciate the efforts they made since the inception of this awesome game, which I played the living crap out of btw, but this is a huge difference, imho, from the original game.

Very skeptical.

The great thing about this game was that you could play a marine if you didn't want to put that much effort into the actual strategy of the gameplay...you could let the commander do it all and you just shoot aliens......but if you were more of an independent player that wanted to make the decisions of the where, what and how then you played aliens. Not to mention you weren't at the mercy of some dumbass commander waiting for upgrades, or needing a freaking shotgun/jetpack and he hands them to all the idiot players.

I'll reserve judgment....but it's not the same game at all. I can't believe I missed this alien commander thing!

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 Muscular Beaver

They announced pretty early that Aliens get a commander. I wasnt thrilled about that either and still am pretty skeptical.
To already say that it will be balanced this time is just guessing.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 20, 2010, 22:10 PHJF

Can't wait for the Super Aggro Crag.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 20, 2010, 21:55 bigspender

the gorge can still build structures btw

but they are going for a starcraft 2 esports approach with the whole 2 commanders thing

not t mention the it will balanced now

1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Crag Coming Aug 20, 2010, 21:31 |oR|jonvall

Hmmmm....I thought I was following this game pretty closly....I played the hell out of NS1....but they just mentioned an alien commander and that the gorge will no longer build structures! WTF!?!  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo