Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta

The Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Website is now accepting signups to beta test this minigame-oriented virtual world based on the animated Star Wars series. The game is supposed to go live on September 15 to tie in with the season three premiere of the show on September 17. Here's word: "The ultimate virtual destination for a new generation of Star Wars fans, Clone Wars Adventures is an action-packed virtual world where players can go online to experience fun minigames, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments and competition. Clone Wars Adventures lets players duel iconic adversaries with their own custom Lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a custom Starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 21, 2010, 21:49 Ant

So does this game sucks?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 15:01 Ecthelion

El Pit wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 14:53:
Ecthelion wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 14:37:
El Pit wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 11:45:
And LucasArts, please take note: ONLY Clone War games are Star Wars games from now on. Some grey-bearded, fat man said so on his ranch somewhere. So, please, more Clone Wars. The first question the new LucasArts president should ask whenever a new idea is presented to him, is: "But is it Clone Wars?"
So does that mean SW: TOR and SW: The Force Unleashed 2 aren't Star Wars games?

If you ask Gray Beard, the creator, the God of Star... err... Clone Wars: NO! That's why LucasArts cancelled all outsourcing after TOR and TFU2. There will neither be a TFU3 nor another sort of TOR... Well... If Gray Beard can have his way with TOR, we'll all be playing Gungans and dumb talking, remote controlled robots who look like Daffy Duck.

Long live Gray Beard! The Maker! The midichlorian in person!

It's about time for my pills. Hey, doc, where are my little helpers?
I don't consider either one a great loss. TFU was fun, but the story was awful (even for a SW game), and the core concept inconsistent with SW lore. Also, the gameplay wasn't quite good enough to overcome the repetitiveness of the game.

As for TOR, I hate MMOs. I'd rather see a real RPG in the vein of KOTOR 1 and 2. If they make one in the Clone Wars era, I'd much rather have that than TOR.

8. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 14:54 El Pit

kxmode wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 13:05:
Cthulhu wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 13:03:
So.... who shot first, Han or Greedo?

Greedo's gun was a lie!

Doesn't matter. In Gray Beard's special bluray version, neither of them is gonna shoot. They'll discuss the situaion and part ways.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

7. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 14:53 El Pit

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 14:37:
And LucasArts, please take note: ONLY Clone War games are Star Wars games from now on. Some grey-bearded, fat man said so on his ranch somewhere. So, please, more Clone Wars. The first question the new LucasArts president should ask whenever a new idea is presented to him, is: "But is it Clone Wars?"

If you ask Gray Beard, the creator, the God of Star... err... Clone Wars: NO! That's why LucasArts cancelled all outsourcing after TOR and TFU2. There will neither be a TFU3 nor another sort of TOR... Well... If Gray Beard can have his way with TOR, we'll all be playing Gungans and dumb talking, remote controlled robots who look like Daffy Duck.

Long live Gray Beard! The Maker! The midichlorian in person!

It's about time for my pills. Hey, doc, where are my little helpers?

6. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 14:37 Ecthelion

5. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 13:05 Kxmode

Cthulhu wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 13:03:

Greedo's gun was a lie!

4. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 13:03 Cthulhu

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 479'S, 12643'W Cthulhu

3. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 12:18 El Pit

kxmode wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 12:06:
By the way, you DO know that Lucas is working on a Star Wars comedy series? No, I'm not kidding.

He already had a comedy series: The Star Wars Holiday Special, The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

Wrong. These are not Clone Wars! Therefore, they do not exist anymore in the world of the grav-bearded sith lord on his skywalker ranch!

2. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 12:06 Kxmode

By the way, you DO know that Lucas is working on a Star Wars comedy series? No, I'm not kidding.

He already had a comedy series: The Star Wars Holiday Special, The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

1. Re: Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures Beta Aug 20, 2010, 11:45 El Pit

See, LucasArts and fellow pc gamers, THIS is the future. The quick big buck lies in form of facebook (and maybe twitter?) games. Is it the end of pc games? No. But a LOT of companies will concentrate on making these cheap games for the iPhone generation instead of investing a lot of money in doubtfully profitable AAA pc game titles. That's why we should kiss the feet of the Valve and Blizzard teams more often.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo