Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 23:20 zirik

Kajetan wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 12:26:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 11:25:
This is the type of stuff that makes me oppose NN so much. Corporate and government overlords want to control the Internet for their own agenda.
Are you sure, you understand what net neutrality stands for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality

i gave up on trying to explain anything to littleme. his view of the world is so distorted he doesnt even know what he wants to believe. he claims to be against govt control over the internet. but if he really wants to oppose govt regulation of the internet he should go after the anti-counterfeiting trade agreement instead of net neutrality. oh but wait! that trade agreement was lobbied for by the recording industry along with other copyright holders. the same industry that littleme wants to believe is making the right decisions for the good of the masses.

http://www.eff.org/issues/acta

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 17:53 Frijoles

This is the type of stuff that makes me oppose NN so much. Corporate and government overlords want to control the Internet for their own agenda.

That would make you FOR net neutrality. That is, you don't want it to change. You don't want corporations telling you what packets are important. Can't do that without the government telling them not to touch it. Perhaps it's the other stuff they'll introduce at the same time that you fear.

5. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 17:41 Pigeon

Quboid wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 14:05:
Indeed, isn't net neutrality about stopping this sort of thing. Or is the Illuminati pulling a more elaborate scam than I can imagine?

Well you know those Illuminati, why make it so it is easy for them to directly control the internet, when they can make it seem like they have no control, and thus make it seem like they don't exist. I mean what better way can you fool the masses into thinking you don't exist by not existing? Ingenious bastards, I'm going to call my ISP right now and demand they control the content I see. If they think they're going to not get away with not controlling my content and connection they don't have another thing not coming...not

In all seriousness this is just the RIAA trying to push its agenda no matter what happens. Non-net-neutrality probably would make it easier for them to hold ISPs liable for copyright infringement by the ISP's customers, but they're trying to get in introduced into net-neutrality as well. My take is they want to be able to sue ISPs when someone illegally downloads something. I guess little girls that download Justin Bieber CDs don't have enough money for them.

4. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 14:05 Quboid

Indeed, isn't net neutrality about stopping this sort of thing. Or is the Illuminati pulling a more elaborate scam than I can imagine?  

- Quboid

3. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 12:26 Kajetan

Are you sure, you understand what net neutrality stands for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality

2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 20, 2010, 11:52 Verno

The illuminati are controlling the free masons who in turn are managing the country from Area 51. They want net neutrality to pave the way for the alien invasion.

The Truth is Out There LittleMe.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

1. RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 11:25 LittleMe

Net neutrality regulations could, if the music industry gets its way, usher in more Internet surveillance and a crackdown

attempt to craft a workable compromise and bring some finality to the often-chaotic discussions of which regulations could be imposed on tomorrow's Internet

The vultures are circling and are going to use the ultimate salesmen, PR firms and politicians, to sell you that tyrannical control f the Internet is good for you.

The Internet should be "predicated on order, rather than chaos,

The Internet is the embodiment of chaos! Bring on the uncontrolled chaos! Let freedom ring.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo