Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released

The Battlefield Blog has news that the sixth VIP map pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now available, also offering a trailer showing off the new pack. Word is: "This means that you now will have the chance to play Squad Deathmatches on one of my absolute favorite maps, Panama Canal. You also have the opportunity to engage in fierce Squad Rush fights on Laguna Presa. As per usual, the VIP Map Pack is free for new game buyers. If you picked up the game used, you can get a VIP code either through the Playstation Store/Live Marketplace, or via the in-game store. For PC players, this new content is free for all."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 11:37 Joss

So, what have we learned from EA/Dice? No matter how pretty the game looks, if it doesn't come with mod tools/dedi servers... no fucking sale. Simple as that. The tell-tale sign of a title's longevity.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 10:14 ASeven

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 09:58:
Yeah it's frustrating. They won't give us new maps, they won't give us an editor to make our own and they won't even sell us new maps. I wonder if that BC: Vietnam expansion pack will even come out, they already canceled BF1943. Now BF3 is multiplatform which means the maps will be tiny pieces of shit and the planes will be nerfed so that console players don't get destroyed. Fucking Dice.

At least we have Heroes of Stalingrad. 64 players, fully moddable with a Vietnam mod already being done, destruction, commanders, realism, all the works. The first press previews for HoS are coming out from Gamescon and people are really wowed by it.

18. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 09:58 Verno

Yeah it's frustrating. They won't give us new maps, they won't give us an editor to make our own and they won't even sell us new maps. I wonder if that BC: Vietnam expansion pack will even come out, they already canceled BF1943. Now BF3 is multiplatform which means the maps will be tiny pieces of shit and the planes will be nerfed so that console players don't get destroyed. Fucking Dice.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

17. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 09:39 Shataan

The reason you don`t have to pay for this stuff, is because you already paid for it. You already have it, there is really nothing to download. But say by golly it sure markets the publisher or dev to look like great peeps for giving you new free content.

Remember way back when... when new maps actually meant NEW maps? Yup, those were the days.

16. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 09:31 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 08:42:
Ahh thanks. Now there is no way to check or make sure I did get all the map packs and stuff is there?

It is my understanding that a Steam game won't play unless you update it.....online play that is.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 09:18 RocketChef

The funny thing is, they are there nearly since release of BC2. They are activated on the server side via special command line switches and by EA maintainers of the master server to let you edit the filters according to the "new" maps.
This also applies to the "release" of the SPECACT kits - they are already there but not ready for the masses. That's why there were some "hacked" servers which allowed you to use them and even get achievements. As soon as they fix their crashes (as they say) the switch will be set to properly use them (after you paid for it).

14. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 08:42 SpectralMeat

Ahh thanks. Now there is no way to check or make sure I did get all the map packs and stuff is there?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 08:39 xXBatmanXx

It updates automagically....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 07:44 SpectralMeat

Sorry about the stupid question but how do I download these VIP map packs? I've got the Steam version of the game.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 06:21 JayDeath

Hmmmm...interesting thoughts here. This game is fantastic, imo. I took a break for a few weeks for starcraft 2 but played last night for a bit and got sucked right in. Was my GotY before SC2. Yeah, the game could use a few new maps but it's still great. You really need a quad core to play competitively. Maybe the system req are pissing pl off? I can't wait for BC:Vietnam

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

10. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 06:14 ASeven

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 01:17:
Maybe Brink will be damn good, but outside of Brink, what else is on the immediate radar?

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad
Natural Selection 2
Interstellar Marines
Tactical Assault
Overdose

9. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 02:31 xXBatmanXx

Unfortunatley I shelved this after they messed everything up with the updated patch and took to long to bring the newest patch back with the 'dead points' problem. Was a great game with tons of potential, lack of maps and slow updates KILLED this game.....they had a gold mine and they dropped the ball.

oh well.

Moving on.

8. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 01:57 Shataan

How long are they gonna be able to pass off this sh*t as new? Aaaah it is the Emporors New Clothes effect? Jedi Mind trick??? What utter BS!!!!!!  

7. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 01:17 ColoradoHoudini

Mcboinkens

Whatever, BFBC2 lost my interest right after it came out when I realized you were forced to be either a sniper, or an assault C4 class that could singlehandedly take out every objective.

On a similar note, Medal of Honor looks like a huge joke as well. It looks the EXACT same as BFBC2....but on smaller maps. Isn't bigger maps one of their selling points? That game went from a release-buy to bargain-bin-buy in about a week.

I was hardcore into BC2.. I was way into it, and then I, like so many others said "well, i need more", and i got nothing, nobody did. That game got stale very quick. Also, i see NOTHING in MoH that makes me want to play it, if you told me it was a BC2 mod, I'd believe you. it looks/feels/looks like it plays exactly like BC2 and a bit of MW2. What's my incentive to buying a 3rd game so closely related to 2 titles i probably already own?

This is head shakingly dumb. I am waiting for some developer to pick up the Tribes/XMP franchise and create a kickass, modabble game and pull the whole FPS community away.
(a boy can dream)

Maybe Brink will be damn good, but outside of Brink, what else is on the immediate radar?

6. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 00:40 ViRGE

n0slet wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 00:04:
They aren't releasing mod tools cause they plan to make folks pay for the maps in expansion packs, ala Bad Company 2: Vietnam which has already been announced. If they release mod tools most will just play custom maps made by the community and less will give the developers more money by buying the expansions. Annoying? Yes. But what can ya do?
This is half-wrong. They aren't releasing the mod tools because the Frostbite 1.x engine isn't easily expandable. The "minor" updates they've released are approaching a gig in size, and that's due to how the engine expects data files to be packed. It's simply not meant for end-user content or modability because there's no modularity support from the engine. The only thing it knows how to deal with are pre-defined archives.

With that said, BC: Vietnam pretty much is an expansion pack, but it's going to be delivered as a separate game which sidesteps the expandability issues.

5. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 00:04 n0slet

They aren't releasing mod tools cause they plan to make folks pay for the maps in expansion packs, ala Bad Company 2: Vietnam which has already been announced. If they release mod tools most will just play custom maps made by the community and less will give the developers more money by buying the expansions. Annoying? Yes. But what can ya do?  

4. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 23:11 Mcboinkens

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 22:21:
-reads through the article-
No new maps eh?
This is one of the reasons why TF2 moves along fine (maps galore, real custom servers, tons of updates) and a game like BC2 just sits there, idle in the water. Why the fruit (harsh language!) haven't the devs allowed us to mod this game how we see fit?
They aren't charging for these terrible packs, so what's the reason they aren't allowing us to mod this game?

I could understand if they were coming out quarterly with 12 new maps/new game modes/new vehicles/etc.. and then charging 10 bucks a pop.. but they aren't doing that.. so what the hell is the deal here?

They arn't charging for them because there is no new content. It is amazing that they can even get away with calling these map packs. You know how harsh everyone would be on Modern Warfare 2 if they only had Team Deathmatch on 4 of the maps, Demolition on 3, and Search and Destroy on 4 more? Instead of just having every gametype on everymap and not releasing them invdividually through the next 6 months? It's not like it takes a whole lot of development power.

Whatever, BFBC2 lost my interest right after it came out when I realized you were forced to be either a sniper, or an assault C4 class that could singlehandedly take out every objective.

On a similar note, Medal of Honor looks like a huge joke as well. It looks the EXACT same as BFBC2....but on smaller maps. Isn't bigger maps one of their selling points? That game went from a release-buy to bargain-bin-buy in about a week.

3. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 23:11 TurdFergasun

i believe the main goal is lowered expectations.  

2. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 22:59 Rhett

Why did they even add maps to Squad Rush?! It's so boring!

Panama Canal rush would be fun!

1. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 22:21 ColoradoHoudini

-reads through the article-
No new maps eh?
This is one of the reasons why TF2 moves along fine (maps galore, real custom servers, tons of updates) and a game like BC2 just sits there, idle in the water. Why the fruit (harsh language!) haven't the devs allowed us to mod this game how we see fit?
They aren't charging for these terrible packs, so what's the reason they aren't allowing us to mod this game?

I could understand if they were coming out quarterly with 12 new maps/new game modes/new vehicles/etc.. and then charging 10 bucks a pop.. but they aren't doing that.. so what the hell is the deal here?

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo