Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans

The Gratuitous Space Battles Website announces plans for an expansion that will add new campaigns to add some context and remove some of the gratuitousness in the strategy/sim/management space combat game. Word is: "The game will not care if you have any earlier DLC or not. If you do, you will face fleets built from those extra races, but if not, you just get enemy fleets built from the original 4 fleets." Here's a bit more:

The GSB campaign is a singleplayer 'conquer-the-galaxy' style game, where you build up vast space fleets and kick interstellar ass. Rather than set, pre-determined fleets to battle against, the game utilises the fleets designed by other GSB players to provide an endless variety of opponent, so you will be pitted against real carbon-based intelligence on every step of your path to galactic dominance. The GSB campaign is not a full 4X game, but a contextual 'wrapper' for GSB that introduces new strategic concerns such as crew and cash shortages, repairing ships between battles, the need for construction and repair facilities, and the ability to issue a retreat order mid-battle.

View
10. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Aug 19, 2010, 02:47 D_K_night

hmm I dunno about this whole thing, sure this guy's an indie but this is a turn-based type of game correct?

I looked at the graphics and they didn't look attractive. Obviously I am not expecting to be blown away, but there are far older 16-bit games that look better.

Not a fan, but again perhaps I am not the targeted audience for this. I also didn't like the way he went about asking everyone why people didn't buy his game, claiming that he's not whining about it, but honestly why even ask the question? I've never even heard of this GSB game prior to that. Not the best way to market the game.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 18, 12:36 Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans ForgedReality
  2. Aug 18, 12:59  Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Darks
  4. Aug 18, 13:41   Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans eRe4s3r
  5. Aug 18, 14:33    Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Prez
  6. Aug 18, 15:26     Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Akuinnen
  7. Aug 18, 15:49      Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Darks
  3. Aug 18, 12:59 Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Lit_Reflex001
  8. Aug 18, 16:38 Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans theyarecomingforyou
  9. Aug 19, 01:04  Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Reactor
>> 10. Aug 19, 02:47   Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans D_K_night
  11. Aug 19, 03:21    Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Dmitri_M
  12. Aug 19, 05:39    Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans  cliffski 
  13. Aug 19, 07:04     Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Reactor
  14. Aug 19, 08:32     Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Bill Nakano
  15. Aug 19, 09:11      Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Beamer
  16. Aug 19, 10:52       Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Reactor
  17. Aug 19, 11:38        Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Beamer
  19. Aug 19, 12:41         Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans Reactor
  18. Aug 19, 12:38 Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Expansion Plans theyarecomingforyou

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo