Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: On Sale Aug 18, 2010, 02:17 Tomas

Borderlands is the most fun I've had in a co-op game in years. The main game for 10 bucks is a steal, while the DLC at 10 for the set is a great deal too. Sure, you COULD skip Moxxi's, but for 3 bucks you can't really go wrong. The bank is worth 3 bucks alone and if you play the arena thing once it was a cheap 2 hours. (The arena takes longer than that to finish, but if you play it only once and don't want to do it more it was still a good deal.)

The 5 limit on the one DLC doesn't really bug me. I plan to play it through to completion and then...not play it. If I get all hot and bothered I'll just grab the crack.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 23:50 Akuinnen

Good thing I didn't pay $10 for Moxxi. Island of Doctor Ned is not bad. I might have more fun if I played as a class other than sniper. I haven't finished the Armory yet, but it seems the best out of the three.  

13. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 23:22 nin

Never heard of Dogfighter - it any good? Is the SP decent at all, or just a prep for multi?

Thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 23:09 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 22:32:
This is how you sell PC games. Fuck ebay, amazon, and retail.

Waiting a year after release and then having brief competition undercuts?

I prefer buying my games while they are still relevant.

Relevant to what/whom? I'm just looking for cheap fun.

I heard a lot of things about Borderlands that I didn't like when it first launched. It definetly wasn't worth full price in my opinion. It's cheap now, I'll try it out.

11. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 22:59 Creston

Alamar wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 21:27:
Finally, been waiting for it to go on sale for ages and now I can finally play me some Borederlands!

Seconded...

And would have missed it had a friend not told me about it today... Bought the four pack for $30... and trying to find which 2 friends are most... worthy : )

Thinking about the DLC too... $10 for all three isn't horrible... Though if they don't add up to the game, then the value is already lower... If the stash was shared across chars, I'd get that one... Haven't looked at the info for them all though... The thread from the other day mentioned one of three was great... IIRC...

-Alamar

Secret Armory of General Knoxx is fantastic. Truly what a DLC should be. It's an expansion sold for half price, basically. Lots of quests, new monsters (including a new "Ultima Weapon" style boss), new loot, upped level cap. It's awesome.

Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is pretty decent. It's got a fun new texture set, pretty cool missions, and shit, shooting zombies in a game with a million guns can't ever really be WRONG, can it?

Moxxi's Underdome is only worth it if you've got friends to co-op with you, since it's basically impossible to solo, and it's just waves of monsters. No quests or anything. It does feature a stash, but meh. You don't really need one. I've got like 12 guns and mods on my character, and if I find something that beats out one of those guns, I sell the old one.

I have 30 odd slots left in my inventory so it's not necessary.

Creston

10. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 22:56 Coolone

Considering that DLC has the 5 activation limit, I think I'll pass.  

9. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 22:52 xXBatmanXx

meh - there are so many games to play, unless it is a CoD, BF, Madden, etc where the multiplayer base shrinks, there is no reason to buy at full retail.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 22:32 PHJF

This is how you sell PC games. Fuck ebay, amazon, and retail.

Waiting a year after release and then having brief competition undercuts?

I prefer buying my games while they are still relevant.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 22:03 Sepharo

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 20:41:
Finally, been waiting for it to go on sale for ages and now I can finally play me some Borederlands!

Yep I'm ready to give it a go.

This is how you sell PC games. Fuck ebay, amazon, and retail. I want cheap games delivered in hours to me sitting at my computer.

6. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 21:57 Nameless Again

Wasn't it just on sale for $25? Now $10? Meh. I can wait. By the Xmas sale, it'll be $5 for everything.  

5. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 21:49 xXBatmanXx

Holy CRAP!

10.00 for all 3?
pfft. Sold - have been waiting forever to get these on a great sale.
Don't even care if 2 of them suck for that price!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 21:27 Alamar

Seconded...

And would have missed it had a friend not told me about it today... Bought the four pack for $30... and trying to find which 2 friends are most... worthy : )

Thinking about the DLC too... $10 for all three isn't horrible... Though if they don't add up to the game, then the value is already lower... If the stash was shared across chars, I'd get that one... Haven't looked at the info for them all though... The thread from the other day mentioned one of three was great... IIRC...

-Alamar

3. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 20:59 Prez

Dogfighter looks like a multiplayer Crimson Skies. Which was an awesome game.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 20:48 Zyrxil

Dogfighter was patched with dedicated servers and joystick support, btw.  

1. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 20:41 Wallshadows

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo