Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced

Blizzard announces a Collector's Edition for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, revealing additional goodies this will add to the expansion for their MMORPG. The CE will only be available at retail stores, and it will offer the following:

• Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
  • Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
  • Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft® retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
  • Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
  • Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
  • World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 19, 2010, 01:01 Kxmode

I'm playing beta and its fun. You could create several Alliance and Horde alts, and spends months going through all the revamped zones and seeing all the new content from both factions without even hitting level 61. You can also level your 80's through Vashj'ir or Hyjal all the way up to Twilight Highlands; and then go back and level up some more Alliance or Horde alts up to 60. In the end Cataclysm is going to burn people out just like its predecessors, but I think this expansion might last just a little bit longer considering the huge amount of content and variety available. To sum up Cataclysm is casual friendly with more dungeon and raid content available at launch than WOTLK or TBC.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2010, 10:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 18:40 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 18:17:
strich wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 14:37:
Do you guys really expect this expansion to be any better than the previous iterations?

putting aside the extra junk here...

If there was a better option in the genre out there I'd be all over it, but sadly there's not. If you like MMO's, this is the best game in town if you're shopping for something new this year.

Yup. I love WoW, but usually about 6 months before the new expansion I'm burned out by end game boredom. I'm still looking forward to Cata, but I'm really looking forward to Rift next year. (Of course, I was really looking forward to Hero's Journey too, and that still is in limbo, while the Old Republic game based on its engine is almost done...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 18:17 PropheT

strich wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 14:37:
Do you guys really expect this expansion to be any better than the previous iterations?

If there was a better option in the genre out there I'd be all over it, but sadly there's not. If you like MMO's, this is the best game in town if you're shopping for something new this year.

12. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 18:07 Mr. Tact

I'm really torn. I finally quit in April and don't particularly want to go back. BUT, my main was a Hunter for about 3.5 of the 5.5 years I played and they are so totally change in this expansion... *ugh* I probably shouldn't, but I probably will.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 17:08 Alamar

The game having improved considerably with each expansion, logic would dictate...

-Alamar

10. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 16:53 Talisorn

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 13:51:
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!

<gasp>
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
etc, etc...

^ I'm with him.

Verno wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 14:40:
osage no onna wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 14:04:
How many whelp pets does that make now? A couple of dozen? They could've tried a bit harder to come up with something a bit more original.

Why bother? Read the comment below yours. That's the market they're selling to. They don't need to put forth any effort.

Well that and some small pissy-little box just doesn't cut it sitting beside the other three big-arse WoW CE Boxes

9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 16:44 Fion

Nice but I'm going DD via Battle.net.

Besides, the art work, soundtrack and behind-the-scenes DvD will be up on dubious websites within hours of the games release, perhaps even before hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the CE of the digital version might be, if any. And for the record, I don't have a whelp pet yet

8. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 14:40 Verno

osage no onna wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 14:04:
How many whelp pets does that make now? A couple of dozen? They could've tried a bit harder to come up with something a bit more original.

Why bother? Read the comment below yours. That's the market they're selling to. They don't need to put forth any effort.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

7. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 14:37 strich

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

6. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 14:04 osage no onna

5. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:51 nin

GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!

<gasp>
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
GIMMIE!
etc, etc...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:46 Undead Scottsman

It's up at amazon.com.

"Only in retail stores" means no digital distribution. Which makes sense considering 95% of the extra crap is physical stuff.

3. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:39 PropheT

Why only at retail stores?

In my neck of the woods that pretty much guarantees that I'll never see one :p

2. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:19 Linksil

I love the artbooks that come with these. I don't know why they don't release more stand alone ones.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

1. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced Aug 17, 2010, 12:52 Wallshadows

Sell me the standard edition with a mouse pad for an extra 5$ and we have a deal. I need a new mouse pad..

Meanwhile, sitting in my chair...

...anyone know what pet/mount is included for the new Blizzcon?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo