Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed

Tiscali Games has word, in their native Czech, of plans for Heroes of Might & Magic VI, the next installment in the fantasy-themed, turn-based strategy game, showing the way to a newsletter from Ubisoft teasing a new Might & Magic game, though the page it links is not found for now. They have a teaser trailer and some screenshots, and word that the game will be officially announced at Gamescom in Cologne two days hence.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 21:10 Ferazel

I enjoyed HoMM5 as well. I didn't get into the expansions that much and I wish the single-player actually had a decent story, but I liked the gameplay still as it is tried and true turn-based gameplay.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 19:23 Riker

Cool! HoMM V was the best since 2... hopefully it'll be the same team.

tony wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 13:37:
I wish this too. I thought 4 and 5 were epic, and while 6 and 7 were graphically dated from the start, were massively epic.

I love that M&M 4 and 5 still get a mention in this day and age. What great games those were.

PHJF wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 17:42:
King's Bounty > HOMM V

King's Bounty has a sort open world to run about in. Otherwise they are structurally quite similar and each enjoyable.

I'm sorry to hear that, because King's Bounty lost my interest within 10 minutes with it's lousy presentation and translation.

16. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 18:29 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 18:15:

I have HOMM 3: Complete currently installed for hot seat gaming on the TV when friends come over.

LOL, I got bored just reading that. I will never miss hot seat gaming.

I like hot seat gaming, back when HOMM3 was new, we did tons of it. It's nice to have PC versions of board games too so you can skip all the dice rolling and money counting and play it fast.

Since I don't have a working console and don't own any board games, I have to get resourceful if we are to do anything other than watch movies or play cards.

Extra late edit: This and the Worms thread just made me realize Worms is a fuckin awesome hot seat game!

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2010, 23:19.

15. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 18:15 Tumbler

I have HOMM 3: Complete currently installed for hot seat gaming on the TV when friends come over.

LOL, I got bored just reading that. I will never miss hot seat gaming.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 17:57 Sepharo

13. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 17:42 PHJF

King's Bounty > HOMM V

King's Bounty has a sort open world to run about in. Otherwise they are structurally quite similar and each enjoyable.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 17:33 Cutter

Du
Könntest Du schwimmen
Wie Delphine
Delphine es tun
Niemand gibt uns eine Chancen
Doch können wir siegen
Für immer und immer
Und wir sind dann Helden
Für einen tag

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 17:17 Downer28

Yeah, HOMMV and King's Bounty are apples and oranges. HOMMV stuck to the traditional turn-based strategy of the series while King's Bounty is more of a tactical RPG than a strategy game. Both are great games, although King's Bounty (and its expansion) is one of the finest and most addicting games I've played in years.

HOMMV is definitely worth checking out and while it doesn't touch the classic HOMM3, it is still a worthy addition to the series. I really liked how each race plays completely differently.

10. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 16:57 edpfister

That's all true but the real difference between the two games is that HOMM is more of a strategy game and King's Bounty is more of an adventure game (i.e. explore the world and story). In HOMM you control cities, build armies and conquer your opponents whereas in King's Bounty you are a single hero trying to accomplish the goals of the story.

Also for those who don't know HOMM was inspired by the original King's Bounty game that came out way back when so they have a lot of similarities.

As for the online game I think that is just a separate project. As far as I know that is still coming out.

9. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 14:18 Tumbler

Was V any good? Would someone here like to compare HOMM V to King's Bounty for me???

I have recently been playing King's Bounty and for me the biggest issue I have with King's Bounty is the limit on units based on Leadership. In HOMM you can load up as many units as you can find into your army, still have a limit on how many different troops but if you can buy 10k then you can have 10k. In King's bounty you have to level up to get more units and you have limited numbers of unique units. So if your castle has 50 knights, you can only use 5 or whatever your leadership limits you too, and then you can only take a total of 5 or 7 units as well so it can feel frustrating at times when you have money and want ot get a bigger army and you cannot.

The combat and general gameplay is similar, I think King's bounty is a rough around the edges game still, I have not played a lot of Armored princess yet but there were so many different places to get creatures that i often felt lost trying to find where i was supposed to go next.

I think the combat and units are better in King's Bounty, more diversity and choices. But it's a bit easier and a bit more fun to play HOMM, plus you can play multiplayer. You also don't have a castle to build and barracks to upgrade which is something HOMM has always had.

I think most will like both games but HOMM is a more refined experience and I would expect part 6 to get even better.

I thought they were doing a HOMM Online game? I think I'd rather they go with that idea than shove that always on DRM onto another HOMM game.

8. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 14:09 tony

Was V any good? Would someone here like to compare HOMM V to King's Bounty for me???  

7. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 13:37 tony

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 12:34:
I wish somebody would do another (good) Might and Magic game with the same humor, overpowered levels, and ability to mow down hundreds of enemies later in the game.

I wish this too. I thought 4 and 5 were epic, and while 6 and 7 were graphically dated from the start, were massively epic.

6. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 13:33 Tumbler

As one of the few games I still look forward to on the PC I have to say it's sad to see Ubisoft will be publishing this. Hopefully their DRM won't be an issue but I expect it will be and I'll have to pass on a game I've purchased consistently over the years. But I suppose you've got to make sacrifices to stop piracy so pissing off your paying customers is really just a necessary evil.  

5. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 12:34 Silicon Avatar

I wish somebody would do another (good) Might and Magic game with the same humor, overpowered levels, and ability to mow down hundreds of enemies later in the game.

4. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 12:24 zadokallen

Back in the days upon hearing there`s new Ubisoft release you`d hope for something quirky/original/fresh...well, French

That was long time ago though.

3. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 12:06 shinchan0s

Meh.  

2. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 11:52 Paketep

Kajetan wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 11:23:
Yay?

=> Ubisoft

Hrmpf!

Exactly my reaction