Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had a great time with our visiting friends yesterday. The grilling went well too, with a menu consisting of grilled veggies, buffalo wings, chicken breasts, and a rack of baby back ribs. The ribs were intimidating, as I've only tried them once before; an ambitious attempt at smoking which proved pretty disastrous. This time I just rubbed them with some spices and grilled them with some indirect heat at about 325 degrees for a little under an hour and they came out great. It didn't hurt that they were very meaty ribs, which gave some margin for error, but it was very nice to have a success with something I felt was very difficult to get right.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Forest of Echoes.
Catapult Madness.
Links: Molyneux vs Molyneux.
The Rise and Fall of the (Sexy, Icky, Practical) Waterbed. Thanks Digg.
Stories: Thieves use breasts to distract victim. Thanks Digg.
'Jarhead' bear gets out of a jam in Florida.
George Lucas officially announces Star Wars on Blu-ray in 2011.
Science: Tylenol, linked to asthma in new study.
Medical treatment carries possible side effect of limiting homosexuality.
Images: The Stats on Slacking [Infographic]. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: Twitter Movie Trailer-  Rated Awesome. Thanks Digg.
200 Beer Bottles Opened in 80 Seconds.
Jack Nicklaus 100 ft. putt.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
Tech Comics- "Bought by Online Gamer". Thanks Linux Today.
Follow-up: Sun's 'quiet period' explained.

View
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2010, 19:17 Evil Timmy

My favorite way to cook ribs, which also happens to be supremely easy because you finish it when your guests show up, is to do most of the cooking in the oven. I keep the temperature at 225F and let it cook low and slow, with the roasting pan covered in tinfoil to keep as much moisture as possible. If the temperature's under 305F or so the sauce won't burn, so slather it in as much as you want, and flip and reapply ever hour. It'll be ready in two hours or so, but it'll only get more tender if you let it cook low-and-slow for longer. Pull it out 15 minutes before you're ready to serve it, baste it again, and cook on your barbecue on high heat for 5, low heat for 5, then rest for 5 and serve. The oven will have cooked the meat, but the grilling dries out the sauce and makes it more of a glaze, and adds the perfect amount of crispy char to the whole affair. The five-minute resting period is vital...for all the science behind perfect barbecue, check out Serious Eats' Food Lab article on cooking a perfect prime rib. It's always nice when the cooking technique that consistently gives the best results also gives you the most flexibility in serving, and is easy to top it off.  

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 15, 18:05 Re: Out of the Blue Lit_Reflex001
  2. Aug 15, 18:33 Re: Out of the Blue slaka
  3. Aug 16, 00:37  Follow-up The Half Elf
  4. Aug 16, 01:07   Re: Follow-up Sepharo
  5. Aug 16, 04:15 Re: Out of the Blue Hoop
  6. Aug 16, 05:35 Re: Out of the Blue Syd
>> 7. Aug 16, 19:17  Re: Out of the Blue Evil Timmy

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo