Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
8. Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Aug 14, 2010, 12:23 fujiJuice

It appears, like most things, that the Tea Party is just looking for something to be mad about. As far as I understand it, however I could be wrong since it is a somewhat complicated issue, is that the government doesn't want control of the internet, they want to make sure no one can control the internet. As in, have a neutral internet, one where any service or site, including Drudge and Washington Times, and P2P and streaming video, have an equal opportunity to reach the consumer. Net neutrality is basically saying, we like the way the internet is now, and you are not allowed to change the way it works in the future, by offering tiered services or restrict content.

Take bluesnews.com for example, let's say your internet service provider decides they want to have a game news site, it's a growing industry and they want a part of it. All they have to do is flip a switch, bam, no more bluesnews if you are using their service, you must use their site. It is basically a fear that the internet will one day come to this, and I don't doubt it will, the internet is still very young, and companies are still trying to find out how to make the most money. It will crush the spirit that created the internet and turn into just one more commercialized piece of junk. To say we can trust the ISP to never go down that road is a naive way to go about it, we have already seen them place bandwidth caps and throttle certain services.

Tea Party activist should be more concerned about the Patriot Act, I am sure that probably includes the ability to do the things they fear to their propaganda machines.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 13, 21:37 Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T LittleMe
  2. Aug 13, 22:05  iTV Bludd
  3. Aug 13, 23:03  Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Verno
  13. Aug 14, 21:15   Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T John
  4. Aug 14, 06:56  Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T zirik
  5. Aug 14, 09:13   Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Mick
  6. Aug 14, 11:04    Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T osage no onna
  7. Aug 14, 11:06    Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Prez
>> 8. Aug 14, 12:23     Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T fujiJuice
  9. Aug 14, 12:35      Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Prez
  11. Aug 14, 13:03       Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T fujiJuice
  12. Aug 14, 14:11        Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T PHJF
  10. Aug 14, 12:36    Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T mch

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo