Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Dated

The Bethesda Blog has a release date for RAGE, saying id's first-person shooting and racing game is due thirteen months from today on September 13 in the US and three days later in Europe:

The id guys were just on stage demonstrating RAGE on three platforms at once. Near the end, they announced a somewhat important detail: RAGE is now headed for store shelves on September 13, 2011 in the US and September 16 in Europe.

We’re still in the thick of QuakeCon, but we’ll be back later to put up brand new screenshots.

Update: We were a good year off in this story at first, apologies for the ridiculous error.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 14, 2010, 11:08 zadokallen

You might as well predict weather for this very day, about as accurate, relevant. Since they`re corporate dogs now, the only dates that count are fiscal ones.

Besides, a codeshop with their kind of experience (like, invented the genre?) and resources can not finish a doggone thing in 3 years? It`s just an FPS with slick (at the time :)graphics and some driving.

Pathetic, really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 14, 2010, 07:28 Shadowcat

Even with a correction, that's a curiously specific release date for something more than a year away.

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Personally I'm hoping that they're almost done with it now, and are giving themselves a huge amount of time for pre-release polish. I doubt this is actually the case, though.

Maybe they want to let the competition know to stay the hell away from their big release date, and are trying to ensure that no one else will have already booked conflicting advertising and shelf space.

I guess the new company beat the "when its done" right the hell out of the id team.
I'm just amazed there's a date. I always liked "when it's done". Almost always used to get a solid product when the developers could decide when to release.

Ditto to both of those comments. Just goes to show that no matter how much both sides rave about how wonderful it is for everyone, there's invariably a real down-side when an independent company is bought out.

25. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 21:58 Tumbler

Another year? Better take two and really polish it. When I read this I though it said 2010 and was thinking about september 13 and if I'd be able to play it around that time...oh wait. 2011? Oh well nevermind.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

24. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 20:38 Creston

Damn, they're sure taking their sweet-ass time with this. I hope for their sake that by the time they do finally release, people will still find this at all interesting.

Creston

23. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 19:42 ForgedReality

"a thirteen months"

According to Blue, plural == singular. What? Do they come in packages of a baker's dozen now?

22. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 19:35 PHJF

Very few developers have the ability to keep a product interesting for year after year of development. After Doom 3, id sure ain't one of them.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 19:18 Riker

What's ridiculous is the actual date.  

20. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 19:15 bigspender

13 months away! double you tea EFF!

Maybe they call it RAGE for that reason.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

19. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 19:08 Sempai

Seriously 13 months away? Wtf..

Why even announce it now?

Between this and the new Bioshock game that wont be out until 2012 this is pretty damned silly of them.

18. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 18:37 creatorswhim

WHICH THREE PLATFORMS???!?

Seriously, if the three platforms they plan to release it on are PS3, X360 and Iphone, I'm really going to be unhappy with them.

Then again, I have that feeling that they are saving me from making a $60 mistake, so I guess they're doing me a solid right there.

17. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 18:32 Krovven

Sadly Borderlands loot system was FFA and you couldn't see what dropped before someone else scooped it up (when playing with random people). This especially sucked for Snipers. Playing with friends...not such a problem. All my friends were done with this game (myself included) after the first few weeks, so there was no reason to continue playing.

Not to mention, it was just easier to solo farm the chests in one of the towns (forget name) for weapons.

As for RAGE...I'll get it, I'll play it...but not holding my breath.

16. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 18:27 entr0py

MUGWUMP wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 17:30:
I'm just amazed there's a date. I always liked "when it's done". Almost always used to get a solid product when the developers could decide when to release.

You're thinking of the old days when id was an independent developer. Them days is gone.

15. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 18:01 scratz

Even with a correction, that's a curiously specific release date for something more than a year away.

I guess the new company beat the "when its done" right the hell out of the id team.

14. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:47 Verno

What do you mean Borderlands didn't have depth?! *spams single ability button 10000 times and fires sniper rifle*  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

13. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:45 Beamer

Borderlands depth was entirely due to item hunting. Artificial yet sadly addicting.

I'm pretty interested in this game. I'll pick it up for certain, but after Doom 3 I'm not paying $60 for it. Well, I'll probably get it for the 360, so maybe I will. Who knows.

In any case this will come out right around the time my first obsession with Civ 5 will start wearing off.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:31 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 17:28:
So.....does anyone even care about this game anymore? I know i don't....

This is a game where I really need a demo. If it's just Borderlands-lite then I'm not interested, Borderlands wasn't exactly huge on depth in the first place.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

11. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:31 winnetou

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 17:28:
Yes, definitely looking forward to it, although I'm not counting the days.

10. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:30 MUGWUMP

9. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:28 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 13, 2010, 17:23 nin

Damn, he updated it!

We loves ya, Blue!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo