Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Age of Camelot Patched

The Camelot Herald has word that the new version 1.105 update is now available for Dark Age of Camelot, Mythic Entertainment's MMORPG, and that some follow-up immediate server maintenance is also now complete. These patch notes have details on the new version, and this recent producer's letter from producer Stuart Zissu has an outline of the new training window UI.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Patched Aug 12, 2010, 01:27 Xirix

I liked roaming around in the old frontiers...hurry up and bring us Daoc2!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Patched Aug 11, 2010, 23:50 UConnBBall

Was a fun ride for me for about 4 months. It was just way to time consuming. I guess all MMORPG are that way, but helping run a guild and level up took hours. The PvP was a blast though. Milities Rigorus was awesome  

2. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Patched Aug 11, 2010, 21:59 StingingVelvet

Fion wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 21:45:
Last time I logged into DAoC (about 2 years ago) there were around 150 people on each server during a Saturday night and 300 or so per server on the PvP servers.

I don't know how they can keep this game open without making it somehow FtP.

Well even 5,000 subs is what, $70,000 a month? If they have 2 people working on it and just a few servers it still pays for itself. Who knows the situation, but obviously they look at it more as a "make a profit it stays open" thing rather than it needing to reach a certain profit threshold.

I actually got a package of this game in an ebay lot a few weeks ago... seems like a nice concept, I am sort of sad I never tried the game back in the day.

1. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Patched Aug 11, 2010, 21:45 Fion

Last time I logged into DAoC (about 2 years ago) there were around 150 people on each server during a Saturday night and 300 or so per server on the PvP servers.

I don't know how they can keep this game open without making it somehow FtP.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo