Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced

Speaking of Gearbox, following a hint last week, they announce Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, saying the fourth DLC for Borderlands, their role-playing shooter, will be released next month for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 for 800 MS Points/$9.99 USD. The announcement is accompanied by a few screenshots, and here's word:

Claptrapís New Robot Revolution invites single-player and co-op fans back to try to suppress a deadly Claptrap revolution using one of four infamous vault hunters. The foursome find themselves caught in the crosshairs of a deadly civil war between the Hyperion Corporationís well-armed armadas and the ever-amassing army of homicidal Claptraps led by one of the most eagerly awaited characters in the franchiseís history - the cunning Ninja Assassin. As vault hunters, players must put aside their past differences with the Hyperion Corporation, namely the organizationís repeated attempts to wipe them from existence. For a hefty payday, they will join forces to help beat down the mechanical uprising and thwart the dastardly kung-fu expert, the Claptrap known only as Ninja Assassin.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 12, 2010, 08:08 Theo

I guess there is only me that liked the "sound" of this game, but when i got it i was dissapointed to find the "towns had like 2 nps in them and zero "life", just a fairly bland landscape with 80 billion mobs in it that i could kill and no soul. Poor game, hoping rage has more atmospheare.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 12, 2010, 03:37 Tomas

Sweet. Dunno why this went under my interests radar (Borderlands), but as a coop-game it's been the most fun I've had in a long time. Glad there's still plenty new stuff ahead (we're not done with all the other DLC yet - steam sale ftw!)  

11. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 16:19 StingingVelvet

Hopefully this means another retail pack with this new one and Knoxx, which I was waiting for.  

10. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 14:31 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 14:18:
No, that's the whole point, Moxxi is a ripoff because the bank is the only thing worthwhile in it. The DLC in general is overpriced, it costs as much as Borderlands itself to get all three. Knoxx is the only one worth its price of admission.

Eh, Zombie Island is pretty fun, but it's not as complete as Knoxx. Knoxx is awesome, though I agree that the lack of teleporters makes it a chore to have to get around.

Creston

9. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 14:18 Verno

No, that's the whole point, Moxxi is a ripoff because the bank is the only thing worthwhile in it. The DLC in general is overpriced, it costs as much as Borderlands itself to get all three. Knoxx is the only one worth its price of admission.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

8. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 13:56 Trashy

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 11:20:
the Moxxy DLC disappointed me, so I hadn't downloaded Knoxx yet... but it seems like everyone raves about it. Think I just found out my distraction this evening

Moxxy was worth it just for the bank IMO, I've had some fun playing it with friends as well.

7. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 13:48 xXBatmanXx

I hope to grab all of the DLC on a steam sale - just can't bring myself to pay more total for these DLCs than the original game cost!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 13:07 Moog

The Knoxx DLC needed jump-points, as with the original game... way too much driving around at the start of a session to get to where you needed to be!

Still, can't wait to play the new DLC

5. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 12:25 El Pit

So far, I liked the DLCs with the exception of Mad Moxxi. Let's see whether Claptrap is worth waiting for. The next Steam Christmas sale is just around the corner.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 11:33 Surf

I got the undead island dlc thing and it sucked so hard we all quit after a couple hours. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but they can't stick to one theme the WHOLE time.  

3. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 11:20 |RaptoR|

the Moxxy DLC disappointed me, so I hadn't downloaded Knoxx yet... but it seems like everyone raves about it. Think I just found out my distraction this evening  

2. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 11:12 Creston

Secret Armory of General Knoxx is a fantastic DLC. If this is more of the same, I'll definitely get it.

Creston

1. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 11, 2010, 10:11 Aganazer

Can't wait! I was all kinds of burned out on Borderlands a couple months ago, but I wouldn't mind a few more evenings of content now.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo