Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer

A new "manifesto" trailer from Guild Wars 2 features the ArenaNet team explaining how MMOG lovers and haters alike should check out their upcoming MMORPG sequel, also showing off some fairly epic footage. They discuss the game's art style, its absence of repetition and grinding, how they are not building the same MMOG as all the others, and how everything in the game is centered around the player. The embedded version of this clip follows.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 11, 2010, 01:35 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 01:34:
kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 01:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 19:23:
Ok the movie is awesome. The question is CAN they pull this off ingame?

Yes. Blizzard is ...

Sorry kxmode, I only got this far into your post.

It's only two, short sentences. Don't hate...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 11, 2010, 01:34 Sepharo

kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 01:22:

Yes. Blizzard is ...

Sorry kxmode, I only got this far into your post.

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 11, 2010, 01:22 Kxmode

Yes. Blizzard is pulling it off to a large degree in Cataclysm. Entire sections are phased and instanced for you, but not the entire game. I think Arenanet is going to take phasing and instancing to the next level, because that's the only true way to deliver meaningful experiences in an MMO. Which begs the question. If they go overboard on phasing and instancing will this game suffer from the same instancing GW had? People thought GW was an MMO for a long time when it was clear to me it was just a glorified matchmaking service. They keep saying this game will be persistent but how much of it will be? It'll be interesting to see how they pull this off with no monthly fees.

Anyhow I've seen more in-game scenery and combat footage in this trailer than all SWTOR trailers combined! The sad thing is this looks as good as the SWTOR CGI cinematics! And that dragon's entrance! Wow! Talking about epic. Why can't Deathwing make an entrance like that?! I'm now moving GW2 above SWTOR on my want this.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2010, 01:34.

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 11, 2010, 00:34 Sepharo

This is the most consecutive positive posts I've seen in a long time (ever?) on Blue's.

edit: Does look damn good.

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 11, 2010, 00:29 Cutter

Whilst I don't care too much for the character style - too anime cutsy for my tastes - the environmental art is bloody impressive. I wasn't even interested in this game untill now.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 22:57 Alamar

First off... Impressive...

However... None of what I heard sounds new... I've been hearing these same promises for half a decade, and yes... Some games have been making steps forward...

And lastly, while I enjoyed the trailer, I expected the game to look better... And a few of the renderings looked downright crappy, though I mostly mean that on an individual, too-damn-shiny, model per model basis...

I am, however, going to take a look at the release date, and I'm expecting to pick it up (at launch), assuming I'm not too busy when at that time...

-Alamar

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 19:54 Nate

This is even better looking than the previous videos!

I haven't seen anything stating these videos are all from in-game. However, its difficult to believe they aren't given how much is available.

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 19:23 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 18:57 siapnar

Very impressive trailer.

I've been waiting for a game to tackle environments at a much larger scale... doesn't get much larger than this.

I have projectile dysfunction.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 18:39 Bucky

I'm a huge fan of the original Guild Wars. It's difficult for me to overstate my desire for GW2. The only game I can remember wanting this badly was Half-Life 2.

I wonder if they'll accept my soul in return for a chance to play the game early.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 18:18 Syd

I'm trying to hate this, but i cannot find any elves/orcs and common fantasy annoyances. I think i might pick this up, i saw some futuristic stuff in this trailer but i really tend to hate fantasy games.  

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 18:12 Golwar

If there would be some Oscars for game trailers, this trailer would deserve one. Awesome work, I hope the game will deserve all the attention that it will cause.  

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 18:07 slaka

Wicked ending... This game is looking more and more ambitious. I'm still undecided if that's a good thing, but it's starting to come together quite nicely.

I can see some risks in areas of the game which the original did not have, such as:
* The game is much bigger (level 80...), so risk of not having the complete game polished at release (ala AoC after the starting areas).
* Hyping the "characters effect the world" thing too much - obviously there's going to be some form of instancing to work around the fact that you can't have only 1 character saving the village.

Given their experience with the original GW, the following should be a given:
* PVP
* Combat
* Graphics
* And tying the above 3 is the game running smoothly

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 17:53 LittleMe

Wow awesome trailer. A bit too fantasy for my taste but still, would probably buy it just to explore & see all the content. Wow...  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 17:47 Grendle

It does look amazing. Now only if the game play will feel like that all of the time.  

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 17:44 Creston

H.O.L.Y. S.H.I.T.

I'm starting to want this so bad that I need to think about whether my shitty internet connection will actually be able to handle it.

It just LOOKS fucking awesome. I could entertain myself for 20 hours in this game just by staring at all the amazing scenery.

Creston

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Aug 10, 2010, 17:43 Coolone

Even though there are some bits already shown from the profession pages, that movie is BADASS!!  

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 "Manifesto" Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 17:33 StingingVelvet

Truly an amazing trailer. I'm not one for MMOs, I never even tried WoW, but the lack of subscription fees and the amazing videos coming out really make this a pre-order I think.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo