Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer

A new teaser trailer from Call of Duty: Black Ops shows off multiplayer play from Treyarch's upcoming installment in the military shooter series. The clip shows various kill streak achievements and other flashy ways to make a name for yourself in combat. The embedded version follows.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 11, 2010, 02:08 Dr. D. Schreber

What's commonly called the "ballistic knife" is a knife that fires its blade out where its pointing, this is what's shown in the trailer. The NRS knife in the youtube video has a hidden single-shot gun built into the handle that fires a 7.62 round.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 23:32 Mcboinkens

I don't see the difference between the two knives, both are ballistic. Maybe I am missing something.  

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 05:43 Dr. D. Schreber

....come to think of it, if we're going to go all-out batshitty for weapons, why not also have the scout knife with a surprise?  

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 10, 2010, 00:05 Dr. D. Schreber

SirKnight wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 21:16:
I do gotta say a crossbow is a pretty darn cool weapon to have in a game. A "regular" bow would be neat too.

The reloading knife is...interesting. I wonder if there's such thing in RL? Probably not and I'm not sure I see much of a point. But it is different I'll give them that.

The RC car reminded me of Rage. I wonder who copied who? Or if it's just a coincidence.

Yes, the ballistic knife is, indeed, real. I believe it's mostly associated with the Spetsnaz in reality and popular culture (see what one looks like here.) As with many things in videogames, it's nowhere near as cool in reality, because it's a bitch to aim and an even larger bitch to actually reload.

Of course, if I'm playing a multiplayer first-person shooter, the last thing I want is reality, so I can only approve of this addition. Also, as long as we're doing absurd things like this, let's get the Thor 45-70 in there, too.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 23:43 Hoop

I love this series and will buy this.
I loved MW2 and got my moneys worth.
If you pro cyber athletes wanna hate on me, then go ahead.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2010, 23:59.

Um .. Behind you...

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 21:16 SirKnight

I do gotta say a crossbow is a pretty darn cool weapon to have in a game. A "regular" bow would be neat too.

The reloading knife is...interesting. I wonder if there's such thing in RL? Probably not and I'm not sure I see much of a point. But it is different I'll give them that.

The RC car reminded me of Rage. I wonder who copied who? Or if it's just a coincidence.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 21:15 Tumbler

Scene six has an airplane drop a napalm bomb. Pretty cool.

That was pretty awesome. Meant to say this earlier, the little RC car looked fun, if they let a player pilot a helo this time instead of just act as the gunner that would be a nice upgrade.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 20:30 Mcboinkens

I can't believe people are complaining. Of course it is going to be similar to MW2, did you see the sales numbers?

Anyway, this teaser did exactly that: it teased. Sure, the combat looks to be about the same, but they added quite a bit.

Very first scene, new scope, new perk(presumably). Security camera. Already a very cool addition. Super useful for all objective based game types, and it even looks balanced. It's large enough that the opponent can see it and take it out silently. Also, new scope type. Third, they finally properly renamed silencer to suppresor.

Scene two, crossbow with exploding ammo and active environments. Ballistic knife? Sure it might look corny, but remember this is Black Ops, and it fits this theme very well.

The third scene is pretty boring.

Scene four has a helicopter shooting down into it. I can't tell if it is being piloted by AI or actually driven by a player. I would say player, because it takes a strafe run relative to the building and fires through the windows pretty inaccurately.

Scene five reveals a suicide RC car, cool by itself. But check out the rocket, looks like it is aimed via remote control. Mini predator missile?

Scene six has an airplane drop a napalm bomb. Pretty cool.

Then, the final scene has a sniper that only shoots once, but it sounded like it shot twice. Might have been a bug though. Then the predator missile again.

And then they show us they are adding a theatre, which is excellent.

I don't know, I'm pretty excited.

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 19:40 Shataan

I remember back in the day when there was a clear difference between mil games and Quake. Sadly, the lines have been blurred. All these games are like this now. Same gameplay. But it looks like they are working really hard at coming up with remote control vehicles and stuff to cheap kill. Aaaah well.  

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 19:09 Kosumo

Being Call Of Duty, I was expecting a lot more gratuatus use of exploding money everywhere $$$$$$$$ $$$ $4 $$$ I thought they are print money?  

6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 19:03 Tumbler

Looks A LOT like mw2, from those maps you'd have no idea that game was set in the vietnam era. I liked the rocket launching during gameplay on that one map, I wish they'd do more of that kind of thing, that's awesome.

Looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to pick that up for $39.99 like MW2!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 18:47 ASeven

Frost wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 18:43:
Looks like the knife blade shot out.

A knife blade... shooting out...

And here I was hoping Treyarch wouldn't turn out to be IW v2.0

4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 18:43 Fingers M

Looks like the knife blade shot out.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 18:39 Syd

Casual frag fests in shoe box sized maps.

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 18:16 ASeven

Also...

Reloading a knife. What.The.Hell?

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Aug 9, 2010, 18:16 ASeven

Wow, new sets for MW2!

What do you mean this isn't MW2??

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer