Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Did MW2 Crib From Homefront?

Computer and Video Games quotes KAOS Studios' Dave Votypka from last month's print issue of PSM3 magazine voicing suspicions that a feature in Modern Warfare 2 may have been based on the E3 2009 demo for Homefront, their upcoming military shooter: "The level in MW where you're using the laser-pointer to guide the Striker (combat vehicle). We showed that mechanic at last year's E3, then it was in their game," he says. "We were thinking 'Hmm, where did you get that idea from...' But, other than that, we think our concept is so unique we don't really see comparisons with other shooters."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 10, 2010, 12:12 Kxmode

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 20:57:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 17:37:
nin wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 15:52:
Speaking of cries for attention, there's Derek.

Aww why you gotta be like that?

hmmmm, whatever happened to "this is my last post"?

That was my fault.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 23:18 zirik

Hump wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 16:56:
I think they're still shell-shocked from the screwing they got from EA when they prototyped the gameplay for Battlefield 2. They were halfway done when EA demanded to see the design doc....shortly after EA dropped them so they wouldn't get billed for the remaining prototyping that was to be done.

you mean to say activision right? EA did not publish modern warfare 2.

16. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 23:15 zirik

Bet wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 19:51:
You'd certainly never see it in real life, that's for sure!

huh? you mean the term laser guided is not true? there is no laser for the bomb to follow? blasphemy!

15. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 20:57 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 17:37:

hmmmm, whatever happened to "this is my last post"?

i am bummed....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 19:51 Bet

Fion wrote on Aug 9, 2010, 18:31:
Yea I can see where he is coming from. I mean, using a laser pointer to paint a target to be bombarded, you never see that movies or other games.
You'd certainly never see it in real life, that's for sure!

13. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 18:31 Fion

Yea I can see where he is coming from. I mean, using a laser pointer to paint a target to be bombarded, you never see that movies or other games.  

12. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 17:37 Sepharo

11. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 16:56 Hump

I think they're still shell-shocked from the screwing they got from EA when they prototyped the gameplay for Battlefield 2. They were halfway done when EA demanded to see the design doc....shortly after EA dropped them so they wouldn't get billed for the remaining prototyping that was to be done.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 15:52 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 15:44  dsmart 

@VIRGE
Agreed. They're just talking bollocks now. No doubt trying to trump up news for their game through controversy. Works everytime; so more power to them.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

8. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 15:03 nin

Sounds like a preemptive strike

Or a cry for attention.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 15:00 xXBatmanXx

Who the F says "Crib" unless it is MTV?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 14:54 Kxmode

Sounds like a preemptive strike for the possibility of some detective reviewer (or blogger) doing a side-by-side comparison and saying, "Wait a minute! This looks just like that level in MW2!"  

5. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 12:22 Durkzilla

I seem to recall using a laser to guide rockets back in the original Half-Life. And in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Hmm, perhaps it's KAOS Studios that is ripping off ideas....  

4. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 12:16 Tumbler

Hopefully Kaos studios next game will be better than Frontlines. Had some cool ideas but didn't end up making a great game. I'll give them credit for going big though, the area you play in was larger than most other console games go for, but that ended up being a flaw with the gameplay, the battlefield felt empty all too often and you ended up needing to spend a lot of time traveling. Not as much as mag, but still more than should be in a game.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 12:11 ViRGE

I sincerely doubt MW2 took anything from their game if the first time the feature was shown off was at E3 2009. At this point MW2 would have been in development for a year and a half, and IW would have been putting the finishing touches on the game. You don't steal significant gameplay ideas and integrate them in to your game a few scant months before it goes gold.  

2. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 12:05 Surf

I suppose they also invented the Striker and the Laser Pointer too? I mean, aren't those in the military?  

1. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 11:19 Nucas

the only marketing about this game i've seen for weeks has been their attacks on modern warfare 2, all of which have struck me as incredibly petty. last week here they were whining about "modern warfare 2's steroided out flag waving".

i guess they rightly assumed that would get them more attention than "from the mod team that brought you 'fuel of war'..."

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo