Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cargasm Announced

Candella Software Ltd and Saga Wonderworks announce Cargasm, an upcoming arcade game about the joys of motorsports, where presumably every race has a happy ending. No release date is offered at this time, but Cargasm is in development for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii and iPhone, boasting a number of planned social networking features. They also promise "meticulously recreated photorealistic real-world locations," saying settings will include San Francisco, London, Yosemite National Park, Egypt, Switzerland, and Mount Kilmanjaro, adding that the "central London levels in Cargasm are the most photorealistic in the history of videogames." And in case you were worried the slightly lurid name is misdirection, they say the game will also feature a "Cargasm Harem," which are basically female trophies, and that there are other trophies with lusty names as well: "The trophies that can be won include Cargasm Rave, Thrust, Lesbos, Orgy, Gigolo, Lothario, Playboy and the most coveted of all, Cargasm Sultan." The game has an online home at Lovegasm.com, where there are some details on game features and some screenshots, while this batch of screenshots have a couple that aren't on the site.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 9, 2010, 10:25 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2010, 19:06:
"I'm Ron Burgundy. Stay classy Fuck you San Diego."

FTFY.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 9, 2010, 10:24 Kxmode

Sex sells? Confused  

11. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 9, 2010, 09:06 Mr. Tact

If they make money on this, I am in the wrong business...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 22:39 StaTik

If you can't make it good make it sex?

See ya in TDU2.

9. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 20:21 bcanceldirt

I'm absolutely stunned that it's 2010, and lovegasm.com wasn't already in use.  

8. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 19:06 Cutter

"I'm Ron Burgundy. Stay classy San Diego."

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 18:46 Nadool

As much as people want to say there are too many shooters out there, I think the same could be said about lame driving games like this. Like most have said, the cars look pretty awful and yaaay reflections? Graphics look on par with the like of Midnight Club and NFS games from at least 5 years ago. No thank you.

There are a few successful franchises in the genre and I think that's the way it will stay for a while.

6. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 18:17 Sho

This looks like of those realtime raytracing demos by Intel, nVidia and the like. "Whee, we can do lots of reflections! In fact, that's about all we can do!"  

5. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 17:58 Trevellian

Those cars look absolutely terrible, not just the reflections which you guys already mentioned, but the models themselves are inaccurate, and the rims look atrocious.

Wake me up when Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2010, 18:27.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

4. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 15:50 Kxmode

How much money does it cost to add motion blurring?  

3. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 14:47 SirKnight

This made me think of Digital Image Design's Wargasm.  

2. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 14:24 The Magician

That looks about as realistic as "Donkey Kong Country". Feels like the same artists too. And whoever did the reflection effects has never seen a car in his life.

1. Re: Cargasm Announced Aug 8, 2010, 14:11 ForgedReality

where presumably every race has a happy ending.

O U.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo