Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?

Massively has dug up a German-language article on Star Wars: The Old Republic that's said to be based on an upcoming print article in PC Action magazine. The article offers indications that space combat in the upcoming MMORPG will be on rails, saying: "Der Raumkampf ähnelt auf dem ersten Blick dem 1993 erschienenen Rebel Aussault. Man fliegt einen vordefinierten Pfad ab und knallt Gegner ab. Diese Spielweise nennt sich Tunnel-Shooter." Google helps us translate: "The space combat is similar at first glance appeared the 1993 Rebel Assault. You fly from a predefined path and slams from opponents. This way of playing is called tunnel-shooter."

View
7. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 15:30 Fausticle

Playing Freespace 2 with my old Force feedback joystick was one of the greatest things in my gaming life.

I also have great memories of coming home after working at my summer job as a teenager smoking a big spliff and playing X-wing VS Tie Fighter. I'm pretty sure it was the game ...but the weed made it even more convincing.

Now I'm old and wise and I don't smoke any more.

I miss being 18

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 8, 14:08 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? grudgebearer
  2. Aug 8, 14:43 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Surf
  3. Aug 8, 15:02  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Charlie_Six
  4. Aug 8, 15:05  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Sepharo
  10. Aug 8, 16:31  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Ray Marden
  12. Aug 8, 17:45   Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Slashman
  24. Aug 9, 04:04    Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? PropheT
  26. Aug 9, 12:39     Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Eldaron Imotholin
  27. Aug 9, 18:10      Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? NKD
  28. Aug 9, 18:40       Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Eldaron Imotholin
  5. Aug 8, 15:18 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Surf
  6. Aug 8, 15:23  o0 HellSlayer
>> 7. Aug 8, 15:30 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Fausticle
  8. Aug 8, 15:48  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? sir
  9. Aug 8, 15:54 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Kxmode
  11. Aug 8, 17:11 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Zadig
  13. Aug 8, 18:26 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Syd
  14. Aug 8, 18:36 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Grumble
  15. Aug 8, 19:13  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Jonny
  16. Aug 8, 19:24   Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Sepharo
  17. Aug 8, 19:33    Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Jerykk
  18. Aug 8, 21:03     Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Starang
  19. Aug 8, 21:34 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? maddog
  25. Aug 9, 09:27  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Ant
  20. Aug 8, 21:37 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? entr0py
  21. Aug 8, 23:10 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aero
  22. Aug 9, 00:07  Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Prez
  23. Aug 9, 02:28 Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? StingingVelvet

footer

Blue's News logo