Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EverQuest Next Revealed

Massively reports from Sony Online Entertainment's Fan Faire 2010, where SOE president John Smedley discussed the future of the EverQuest series of MMORPGs in his community address. In addition to discussing EQII Extended and expansions, Smedley also revealed a new project referred to by the working title EverQuest Next. He didn't offer details, but he apparently hinted that more would be revealed before the conclusion of the event. In the meantime they have a piece of art that SOE says is an in-game screenshot.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 9, 2010, 00:24 Acleacius

Oh man it's getting douchy in here. (Hyper link is breaking the forum word length limt, so here is the actual link instead.)
http://everquest2.com/_themes/default/images/extended/membershipMatrix.jpg

Lol, limited to Two Toons, Two bag slots, Five gold per level, not sure but looks like no World or Regional chat and Restricted Broker (how restricted?).

This is halfass F2P like LotRO coming up also, extremely restricted.

Should be called Everquest Extended Trial, sure the hell ain't no Free to Play.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 9, 2010, 00:00 Acleacius

Found this, not sure if it's been mentioned yet.

Basic membership in EQII Extended is free which includes access to a large portion of the game! However, there are also paid memberships that grant access to different content that are available for purchase. Don't worry, free membership players will still have access to a large amount of content without cost. You're getting almost six years worth of gameplay and diverse zones released from EQII's launch through EverQuest II The Shadow Odyssey™. Free members do not have access to the most recent expansion pack, EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate™. However, Sentinel's Fate is still available for sale.

Additionally, free adventure access is limited at character level 80. You can play all the way up to level 90, the highest level available in the game if you purchase the Sentinel's Fate expansion. You have access to eight of the game's 24 character classes, and four of the most popular races in the game from which to create your character.

So no newest expansion, only choice of Eight classes and Four races.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 17:04 ColoradoHoudini

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 8, 2010, 09:07:
...He even makes Kotik look good.

Sweet christ!

12. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 16:26 Sepharo

Animals for Crackers wrote on Aug 8, 2010, 15:17:
Say what you will about SOE... but EQ 1 is 100x better than it was 10 years ago

My understanding is the game went to shit after Shadows of Luclin (seriously the animation and art direction under SOE was goofy as hell).

I play classic EQ1(legit progression, no private server hacks/cheats) for free via Project 1999, which will eventually cover everything up to Velious. I cannot stand all the changes SOE made to the game in the name of "convenience" (automated bazaar, planes of knowledge, old-world/previous content practically deserted etc.), completely ruining what set EQ apart from a certain MMO that practically plays itself and that everyone is trying to ape nowadays.

After discovering P99 there's no way I would be able to go back and give SOE money to play the abomination they turned EQ into. This is all imho, of course.

Damn dude that's pretty hardcore. I remember playing classic CS v1.3 and CS v1.1 and stuff so we could still hop without deacceleration but playing EQ 1999 is beyond that.

11. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 15:17 Animals for Crackers

Say what you will about SOE... but EQ 1 is 100x better than it was 10 years ago

My understanding is the game went to shit after Shadows of Luclin (seriously the animation and art direction under SOE was goofy as hell).

I play classic EQ1(legit progression, no private server hacks/cheats) for free via Project 1999, which will eventually cover everything up to Velious. I cannot stand all the changes SOE made to the game in the name of "convenience" (automated bazaar, planes of knowledge, old-world/previous content practically deserted etc.), completely ruining what set EQ apart from a certain MMO that practically plays itself and that everyone is trying to ape nowadays.

After discovering P99 there's no way I would be able to go back and give SOE money to play the abomination they turned EQ into. This is all imho, of course.

10. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 10:16 wtf_man

A buddy of mine and I started playing EQ 1 about 6 weeks ago. We left shortly after the first expansion 10 years ago, and never looked back.

Say what you will about SOE... but EQ 1 is 100x better than it was 10 years ago (Thankfully without Brad McFag's influence). Granted, the graphics are dated, but who cares, as long as it's fun.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing EQ go F2P, due to the dated engine.

9. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 09:07 Ozmodan

As long as Smedley is in charge, there will be nothing earth shattering coming from SOE. There is no executive in the business that is more clueless than him.

He even makes Kotik look good.

8. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 04:10 BobBob

I tried Everquest 2 a long time ago. I didn't see the advantage of the MMO over games like Diablo 2, Divine Divinity, or Torchlight. In fact, EQ 2 was a lot more boring.  

7. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 03:05 Acleacius

Not a typo, just rambling and would never nor intend to pay $200 for it, only going to try it for nostalgia as f2p.

Just bored atm, not much new going on, not like we can play Invictus here in the US, well unless you got in the beta, starting next week.

I would prefer Vanguard or EQ to go f2p, but alas I am not making the decisions.

As far as WoW goes it was fun and will play it again, maybe when Cataclysm is released.

6. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 01:22 Wallshadows

I remember when I bought Wow I asked about EQ 2. The seller was like "on yeah there are tons of players from around here who have their own channel".

Five years later, I can still stumble into any server and find people from Nova Scotia in WoW and EQ 2 sits as a dust collector.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

5. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 23:39 Kobalt

Acleacius wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 18:42:
What I don't understand is the yearly $200, maybe we will get more details but even though they are giving $60 station cash doesn't make sense atm. I guess the monthly could give premium type account which gives 50% more xp or some such.

Keep in mind even with the 200 dollars you will have to buy the races and classes. Yeah

4. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 21:31 Bludd

I defiantly think it is not a typo.  

3. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 21:07 ForgedReality

"Defiantly?" Typo?  

2. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 18:42 Acleacius

I will defiantly try the EQII Extended, if just for the nostalgia and playing it back at release.

What I don't understand is the yearly $200, maybe we will get more details but even though they are giving $60 station cash doesn't make sense atm. I guess the monthly could give premium type account which gives 50% more xp or some such.

1. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 7, 2010, 16:39 Kobalt

Just pointing out the obvious here.

This game is being made by soe, therefore it will suck.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo