Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Top 10 RPGs of All Time Aug 9, 2010, 14:35 Sepharo

So you know chrono trigger but not earthbound?

You are part of a very rare subset of gamers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Top 10 RPGs of All Time Aug 9, 2010, 09:05 kanniballl

Fion wrote on Aug 8, 2010, 10:40:
Who ever wrote this it's awfully clear his RPG experience begins and ends at the Playstation. I mean honestly.. Oblivion? REALLY!

Eh, for what it's worth he has 2 old-school console games on there... ChronoTrigger and some Earth thing I never heard of. The being said even I think there are some better candidates out there.

Personally I've never been THAT into RPG games. I enjoy (and prefer) games that have an RPG element to them (inventory, stats, NPCs, etc) and enjoy light RPG games (like some of the Zelda games) but I haven't played that many pure RPG games.

Then again, with a list based on pure opinion it's hard to find something on which everyone will agree.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

9. Top 10 RPGs of All Time Aug 8, 2010, 10:40 Fion

Who ever wrote this it's awfully clear his RPG experience begins and ends at the Playstation. I mean honestly.. Oblivion? REALLY!

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2010, 10:49.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2010, 08:24 Hoop

Finally got Alien Swarm as last month I had issues with my isp & usage.
Storms back with a vengence today & look likely to bookend Winter, so a good, bad day to kill Swarms of Aliens.
Like it.
Very good for the price:o
Thank you Uncle Gabe.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2010, 04:55 Doma

No Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2 or Fallout 1/2 in a list of best RPGs of ALL TIME

This is why we cant have nice things....

I dont even..

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 22:32 Eldaron Imotholin

osage no onna wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 16:49:
Of course there's never been a top 10 list of anything that people could agree on, but that RPG thing is absolutely hilarious.

Absolutely hilarious indeed. I can almost get angry at crap like that, which is why I'll never go into politics. *Heads to sleep*

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 22:23 PHJF

Hey, at least he picked mostly good games. Mario RPG? Earthbound? Secret of Mana? Sheet, Earthbound was the first RPG I *really* played at ten years old. I rented it from Giant Eagle because it had a huge box.

You have no idea how long it took me to get the Gutsy Bat.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 19:48 Cutter

It's sad that someone has the gall to even make a top 10 list with no real background with CRPGs. However, it does make it far easier to tell how limited and young the writer's experience actually is.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 18:21 Hoop

Darth Schwarzenegger went down well with my first coffee of the day.
Coffee

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 18:18 Jerykk

*facepalm*

I'm really surprised that DX showed up on there, given the general console bias. Though, there was a PS2 port so that's probably what they played.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2010, 16:49 osage no onna

Of course there's never been a top 10 list of anything that people could agree on, but that RPG thing is absolutely hilarious.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo