Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September

Crystal Dynamics will release Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for PC and PlayStation 3 on September 28, reports Joystiq. This will follow more than a month after the release of the Xbox 360 edition of the platformer sequel. PC and PS3 owners can take heart in the fact that the 360 edition will not be 100% complete, as online cooperative multiplayer will not be present on release. This will be patched in on September 28 as the game is released for other platforms. Also, VG247 has word that the game's release will be supported by no fewer than five DLC releases before the end of the year, offering new puzzles, exploration, combat, as well as playable character packs featuring other "well-known videogame characters."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 8, 2010, 19:31 Jerykk

Delayed PC release... SHOCKING!

To be fair, it's delayed on PS3 as well. In order to be featured on Microsoft's "Summer of Arcade" promo, you have to be an Xbox exclusive for at least a month. Standard MS tactics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 20:48 Eldaron Imotholin

Hehe, since the first gameplay footage of this game I feel a lighthearted attraction towards it. How a Lara Croft Diablo-clone came to be still leaves me pleasantly confused. It's almost hilarious, imo, and I can't wait to try it out  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

5. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 16:26 necrosis

Delayed PC release... SHOCKING!  

4. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 15:43 peteham

Don't really have a problem with five planned DLC packs as long as the game itself feels like a complete game in its own right. If it's actually good then great, more content for everyone..

Take Borderlands for instance. I didn't really like the game that much so I never got any of the DLC, but some of my friends did and reputedly had a great time playing it. Not all DLC is a cheap money-grab.

3. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 15:40 ForgedReality

ENOUGH already!  

2. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 10:33 HoSpanky

Agreed, Mac.

It's $15 on the 360, and if it's missing the online co-op they were PROMOTING THE DAMN THING WITH, there's gonna be a LOT of angry xbox owners. Doesn't matter if it's coming later, on the game's info page at MS, it clearly states online co-op. if it's not in it in release day, people are going to go apeshit.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2010, 10:41.

1. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in September Aug 7, 2010, 02:36 Mac

With 5 lots of DLC, the game had better be reasonably priced ...  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo