Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Races

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has details on some of the non-human playable characters in the upcoming Star Wars MMORPG. They offer some new tidbits about the Sith Pureblood, the Miraluka, Mirialans, and Zabraks. There's also further story background on this page where there is a history of the Mandalorian Wars, including a new holorecord narrated by actor Lance Henriksen.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 8, 2010, 07:06 Kxmode

Can I play the Georgelucas race, so I can destroy everything I touch?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 8, 2010, 01:08 Sepharo

If I can't be an Ithorian what the hell is the point?  

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 8, 2010, 00:59 Umbragen

It's a pity Lucas isn't taking a more 'hands-on' role with this game. I really like what he comes up with when he's creating alien species. Ewoks! everyone loves Ewoks. And what about Gungans, now there's a well realized species.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 16:26 Eldaron Imotholin

Pigeon wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 01:00:
Those races look really lame. All they did was change the skin color and put on some minor doodads like tattoo's and tiny horns.

That's what I thought, too. How horribly lame. This is the first time I'm being majorly underwhelmed by TOR news. It's obvious why they have these pathetic excuses for variety in races: Gear. They obviously can't be arsed to change the models of the gear per race like they did in World of Warcraft.

If they come up with this lame stuff, they should've sticked with just humans instead.

mlw wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 15:41:
I will be impressed when I can play as a hut. I will just sit on my enemies. An instant 'I Win' key.

I bet they'll keep your good imagination in mind for when they'll port this one to the consoles.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 15:41 mlw

I will be impressed when I can play as a hut. I will just sit on my enemies. An instant 'I Win' key.  

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 09:14 Wallshadows

I'm not going to be impressed until they let me play as Salacious Crumb.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 08:42 Cutter

Exactly. This is just yawnsville, baby. A ton of weird aliens in the galaxy and your choices are reskinned humans, whoopdee-doo. Talk about cheap trying to skimp on animation costs.

Honestly, I am totally underwhelmed with everything I've seen so far with this game. It all looks very boring. I'm glad Telara is coming.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 01:00 Pigeon

Those races look really lame. All they did was change the skin color and put on some minor doodads like tattoo's and tiny horns. You know one of the things I liked about star wars? I liked that they had aliens that weren't just humans with funny foreheads ala star trek. This is worse, its just a skin color change.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo