Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Next Borderlands DLC Revealed?

A post on the Gearbox Software Community Forums outlines a bunch of details reportedly from the new Borderlands patch revealing plans for the next DLC for the role-playing shooter. This should be avoided by those who wish to avoid spoilers, as it is chock full of them. Thanks Mike Martinez via Destructoid. There's a follow-up to this on IGN. "There are a few things there," Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford tells them. "But I think it's like reading a draft of a script for a movie that hasn't even been announced yet, let alone launched - yeah you might learn something, but it's not the real thing and it could just drive you crazy thinking about it."

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Next Borderlands DLC Revealed? Aug 7, 2010, 16:09 DG

seems about time for a "GOTY" or "Gold" edition, with all the DLC?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Next Borderlands DLC Revealed? Aug 7, 2010, 00:15 Creston

I gotta admit, I enjoyed Borderlands a lot after I picked it up in a Steam sale. It loses a lot of its awesomeness in the second playthrough, but it's good fun in the first playthrough with a few characters.

And Gearbox definitely seem to have the right idea with regards to Borderlands DLC. Mad Moxxi is very poor, but the Zombie Island of Dr Ned is a fun add-on adventure, and the Secret Armory of General Knoxx is cool enough that it'd be worth expansion money. (though it does get kind of boring to have to drive through the same levels over and over. Why no teleport, Gearbox?)

So I've got good hopes for their next DLC. Hopefully it increases the level cap, adds loot and gives a bunch of cool missions in a new area.

Creston

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2010, 16:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo